Question about steam achievements

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Question about steam achievements

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey all,

So I am wondering what station is needed for - A Proud Moment!

I have 2 Teladi L Solar Power Plants both operating happily however I still haven't got the achievement. As you may know from another thread I started, I am playing vanilla with no mods other than the bonus pack Smile Any ideas would be a great help!! Smile

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

I got mine for building an Argon station I think (a Wheat farm if memory serves). Maybe it only works for Argon stations?

As far as I can recall the game sometimes has slight problems with firing Achievements if the save game was created before the bonus pack was installed. It might be worth checking if this isn't the only achievement you should've got, but didn't. If that's the case you may have to restart your game if you want achievements.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

First thing to check is to see if your game has become ***MODIFIED***. Even playing vanilla this can and does happen very frequently. It is in the player stats window at the bottom. If it has, there is no other option than to restart for the achievements. Assuming this has happened, the main reason this occurs is due to anti-virus software. One of the main ones that cause it is the Microsoft Security Essentials. I say it is one of the main ones because it is used by a ton of people.

This is all assuming your game has become modified. Another reason is playing with Steam in offline mode or using the NoSteam exe.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

To Hammerit I haven't tried an Argon station yet, I am still getting their rep but I now have 2 Solar Power Plants and a Teladinium Factory and still no achievement. As for the save being created before the Bonus Pack I REALLY don't know and I will be really depressed if I have to start over... I mean I know I'm not that far into a game but I still have 3 stations 4 Sector traders and 1 UT in a Mistral Super Freighter and almost enough money to buy my first TL and ALL through trading and stock markets.... I *MAY* try again but it is going to SUCK spending another 5 hours trading/stock marketing lol

To Sinxar, it doesn't have *Modified* and i'm not using the no steam, and finally my steam is never in offline mode Smile

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So I just did a little testing (By using an easy achievement like Do a barrel roll) and I CAN still get achievements, it is just specifically "A proud moment". I tried building an Argon Cattle Ranch, then tried building an Argon Advanced Satellite factory (Just to test, made sure to use a slightly older save) and still nothing.... Sooooo Im stumped..

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well if you can still get barrel roll it means it can't be the bug I was worried about at least Smile. So restarting the game probably wouldn't change anything. Could be the updater glitched out, so it might be worth trying to have Steam verify your game file cache.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well if its not popping up, all I can think is the game already thinks it gave it too you. The Mission director XML's (which handle the plot, not instances) basically work by reward player with achievement at a set point.

So its its gone past that point and not given it too you, all you can do is try another game. ie. re-try. Building a station isnt too hard in a new-game - since all you need is a million (hire a TL, dock at shipyard, buy station, and deploy station).

Backup you saves, then try. After-which you can just carry on with your previous save-game.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You were right Roguey, I started a new game, got funds built an ore mine and got the achievement... Though it took around 3 hours to acheive thats one I don't have to worry about, back to my old save now and a new thread with some questions I can't find answered anywhere else

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, glad you got the achievement in the end. I guess something happened when the game was going to give you the achievement first time.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, glad you got the achievement in the end. I guess something happened when the game was going to give you the achievement first time.
- Roguey

I am pretty sure it's because I was using the hephas station building service but I could be wrong, the first thing I built using a TL was my complex hub so it could be that, or it could've just been a weird glitch

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, glad you got the achievement in the end. I guess something happened when the game was going to give you the achievement first time.- Roguey

I am pretty sure it's because I was using the hephas station building service but I could be wrong, the first thing I built using a TL was my complex hub so it could be that, or it could've just been a weird glitch
- RickyDeanHoward

Yep thats the reason. Just as a heads up, if you take station building missions you have to build it yourself or it doesn't count if you use hephas.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

if you take station building missions you have to build it yourself or it doesn't count if you use hephas.
- Sinxar

whats hephas? Confused

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

if you take station building missions you have to build it yourself or it doesn't count if you use hephas.- Sinxar
whats hephas?
- Roguey

Part of the Bonus Pack, Hephasitos Building Corp, you set a hot key, use it, receive a message, choose the stations you want to build, select a position and then it makes the stations magically **POOF** after about 5 mizuras lol easier than hiring a TL when your just starting out but they do charge a substantial fee for the service in direct relation to the cost of the stations you are buying.. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, sounds like the reason why the achievement didnt pop then. Its just that I dont use the bonus pack Smile

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I can't live without the bonus pack, mostly because SEWN can keep me informed of what's going on in sectors nearby. Also CAG helps quite a lot with managing stations and complex's efficiently so there is less down time Smile

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Blacklist manager is also awesome for saving your UT's from their own stupidity. Love it (though not having to require it would be nice)

You need to log-in to post here.