TC plots for AP

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » TC plots for AP

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello everyone, has anyone tried this mod? it sounds very interesting as I've always wanted to combine TC plots with AP plots in X3 AP.

I've already decided to play Albion once more with the new plots in the new update as well as the old TC plots using this interesting mod, but I wanted to confirm whether it has no major problems and the plots don't break.

Anyone tried it? what do you think? Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

sounds interesting, although for me id rather play x3tc - do the plots, then load in x3ap. That way youre get your achievements, cos surely your get the modified tag for using that mod, and get no achievements. X3TC/AP also play slightly differently because of the new content in x3ap.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm not totally sure about any bugged plots in that mod. I recall a while back when it first surfaced there was a problem with one or two. I think the treasure hunt one might have been problematic. But you would have to search the thread for any known problems and solutions.

Good luck with it, lets us know how it plays.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Roguey, that's right, however I've already played both X3 TC and AP many times before and now I want to play all the plots again in one game start, also I don't care for achievements nor the modified tag as much as I care for so many plots which are the real fun for me and they give the game much more meaning. But, please, you didn't tell me if the mod plays OK without major problems or not, have you tried it before? Smile
Oh, and Roguey, does 'Admin of cabbages' make us a bunch of cabbages? LOL very funny.

@Sinxar, alright thanks. And by saying let us know how it plays, will you play it if it plays OK? but it could take months till I finish all the 15 plots! and then tell you about them. Wink

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

looks like fun to play. I get tired of not having plots and will restart but this could add lot more fun

Rottenflieger

Rottenflieger avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I downloaded and played this mod around when the Terran plot for AP was released. When I heard about v3.0 I went back to vanilla so I haven't had the chance to try the mod with the new plots.

Overall I don't recall any specific bugs (although Operation Final Fury was a bit strange since i faced only Khaak M5's in the last mission). Another thing I noticed was that Jessan Nadina's Exterminator flies around picking up crates after you defeat the Xenon in Black Hole Sun (1st OFF mission, so hardly a spoiler). You need to remember that since i originally thought it was a bug since the plot was not continuing, he does finish and continue on to M148 so it's not a big deal. Anyway, I'd recommend making a backup of your game files before trying the mod but certainly give it a try.:)

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@Scott, indeed this could add a lot more fun. Smile

@Rottenflieger, yeah I'll give it a try. Smile

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I downloaded and installed using plugin manger lite. Not sure of got it right but thesis still a war and no corp missions. I did find a gate in twisted skies but doesn't go anywhere.Of I installed right when will the tc missions show up?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I haven't installed it yet, but I think the Installation Section in this link should help, also I think the plugin manager is not a requirement.

[Edit] It looks like the CAT/DAT files should be renamed to be ??.cat and ??.dat where the '??' should be a two-digit number following the last number of the other CAT/DAT files, such as 04.cat/04.dat

Aris

Aris avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Tc for ap is stable I managed to complete OFF, BOP, hub and aldrin adv but you need to fix for the new home.
You have to install as a fake patch I highly recommend iex also.
My numbering was
04 ie,
05 iex,
06 tc for ap,
07 tciex

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Aris and welcome. Smile

So what happened in the new home plot? did you find a problem?

And I'm still not sure how to install the mod as a fake patch? I don't know what is iex? Confused

Aris

Aris avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Forget about iex is another mod , go to the x3 terran conflict /addon folder extract the tc plots for ap then rename (or the last number, mine was 04 i use x3ap v3.0) to 04 dat and cat the tc_plots_... files

In the new home you may have a problem with the connecting gate at the end but you have to edit xml files so save at each stage and see what happens another point is that you have to take missions as they come use roquey guide to see the break points

During bop plot you have to erase the dark space installation in the unknown sector

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I found another very interesting script, Improved Kha'ak, but can't install it. Someone help me. Sad

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I always play with TC/AP but i dont use Improved Khaak i use Revenge of The Khaak 2.0 by 7ate9 imo he's one of best scripter's/modder's on X series, but i have advice for you...dont use any Khaak mod before you start AP plots because it can cause bugs.
Also TC/AP plots are now fully functional, i didnt found any bugs, also i did use IE and it caused severe bugs, shame i really like IE, but that was 5 months ago or more so i dont know if IE got updated.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey XeNoN, good to see you're still around. Big Grin
i dont use Improved Khaak i use Revenge of The Khaak 2.0 by 7ate9

Do you mean you use "Improved Kha'ak 2: The Revenge" by 7ate9tin11s? because that's what I'm talking about, not the older version "Improved Kha'ak 1.1"
Also TC/AP plots are now fully functional, i didnt found any bugs

Excuse me mate, did you mean "TC plots for AP" the mod? is now fully functional?... very good.
also i did use IE and it caused severe bugs, shame i really like IE, but that was 5 months ago or more so i dont know if IE got updated

what's IE? excuse my Englesh. Smile

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

IE is Immersive Environments and as you can guess IEX is Immersive Enviroment X-tended. You can find it here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=312645

Here is an old thread where I was talking about it with a few more pictures. http://roguey.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=616

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.