Seriously Stuck with Terran Rep

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Seriously Stuck with Terran Rep

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey all, I'm trying to gain Terran rep to start off teh plot (I've decided to do Terran plot first then Argon + others) however I am having a terrible time of gaining Terran rep. It was -1 so I tried to kill an Argon, a Split freighter in Terran sector and my Rep just went down to -3 92% so now I can't trade to increase (Despite have a Mistral SF ready to sell a full cargo of Energy cells to the Terran Ore mines) so instead I have just been sitting in Heretic's End waiting for any sort of Pirate activity or any Terran fights I can just in on but I have spent around 1-2 real hours on seta 1000x waiting and utterly NOTHING... I am really stuck as to how to repair my Terran rep, I can't get to any of their other Border worlds as there are a few m2's/m1's that would squish my thresher so please does anyone have any ideas?

Rastuasi

Rastuasi avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

When I raised my -3 terrain rating after the war plot I went to segaris and installed 60 laser towers on the xenon gate. Few hours later I had moon access. Something about 60 towers instapopping m2s raises standings fast.

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

How do I get to segaris? I may just sit there in my Thresher killing what I can for now because I hit my wallet seriously hard buying and fitting out my Thresher (Went from 49Mil to 1Mil and then had to crawl back up more to buy the last 2 PPC's and 3 1GJ shields, now I'm back at around 13 Mil) so getting that many laser-towers will take me a long time without the funds to set up a complex to produce them for me.

[Edit I should add im looking at a .jpg of the X3ap map and Can't see any Segaris]

[Edit 2 I found Segaris but getting there seems like an utter nightmare! Going through 4 Core Xenon sectors or going through 5 Hostile Terran Sectors, Which way would you normally go before you can just jump there?]

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm not sure if it's possible but if you find any non-terran station in the sector Heretic's End offering combat missions (like Patrol Against Xenon Activity or Protect The Station From Pirate Attacks), then this could give some Terran rep I think, but I'm not sure if these missions could be available.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Had ZERO missions in heretics end so far Raptor, that swhy i spent so long there. Im trying to map Segaris to be able to jump in my Thresher now

[Edit Still wondering how to get into Segaris lol tried running through the xenon sectors fast as possible in a Discoverer to outrun most of the Xenon force's but when I get to Xenon core I get hurricane missles shot at me and it's all over in one hit..... I've loaded up the discoverer with Energy cells to jump back again when Im in Segaris but I think I may try loading with Mosquito's instead and try and use missile defence..... Will let you know Smile

[Edit 2 So i managed to get to Segaris in a Kestrel with some tense moments and BIG circles lol now I've jumped my Mamba sentinel in and my thresher and been waiting at the gate...> Nothing... I think I may have to put a satellite in and wait in another sector for xenon to appear. It does it all the time, I can look for pirates all day but they only appear in sectors im not in. Anyway the Orbital defence is offering me missions YAY so Ill do those I can whilst lying in wait for the xenon

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Something about 60 towers instapopping m2s raises standings fast.
- Rastuasi

Yeah, I stopped using that technique a long time ago because it is so broke! Good idea for raising rep though...

Yeah I was gonna say Ricky, that trips a breeze in a Kestral! 600+ m/s plus a rear turret makes you almost invincible...

Maybe try and advance through Shady Buisness more, as (SPOLIERS) a lot of xenon appear near the end, that would shoot your rep up!

I will be the one to take you down!
RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah I totally give up >.> To start terran plot need Argon rep lvl 1 and terran 0 which I've spent the last hour or two trying to balance them out and its a headache.... Kept getting argon rep to -3 so they started destroying stuff, so got it back up again but then it went to rep 3 and my terran went down to -1 so then I got my terran back up to 3 and my argon went down to -2 -_- and this was all either destroying each others ships in each others sectors or missions.... I can't seem to get it just right, the rep gains jump or decrease too fast to gain a balance... Ill just do argon first and worry about Terran another day

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Huh? You're Commonwealth right? and you're trying to start the Terran Plot? Sorry to break it to ya man, but you can't do the Terran Plot on a Commonwealth start... and vice versa. Didn't you know that?

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You can start the terran plot on every start apart from one or two? My start was Teladi Trafficker. I am pretty certain I've read in various places that there is only a few starts that don't allow you to do the Terran plot, including custom starts and starts that are designed to have no plot at all.....

From the egosoft support/faq
Note: None of the main plots except Treasure Hunt are available if you choose Custom start, and the Terran plot is not available if you choose the Aldran Adventurer start.

Ergo, I should be able to start all the plots with the Teladi Trafficker start.

[Edit I should add!]
The minimum requirements and start sectors for the various plots are as follows:

Main plots

Terran plot (Terran Conflict)

Omicron Lyrae (or your starting sector if you're Terran)

Argon rank 1 (Federation Member)

Terran rank 0 (Citizen)

Kha'ak plot (Operation Final Fury)

Omicron Lyrae

Fight 333 (~Veteran 42%), or Argon Patriot start

Argon notoriety 10 (Federation Member 0%)

Split notoriety -10 (Creature 0%)

Hub plot (The HUB)

Boron sectors

Boron rank 8 (King's Knight)

Trade rank 6 (Apprentice Trader)

HQ plot (Bala Gi's Legacy)

anywhere

6 hours after The HUB is completed

Goner plot (Building the New Goner Temple)

Elysium of Light.

2.0/Aldrin Expansion (Terran Resource Evaluation Commission missions)

anywhere

Terran Plot completed

Goner Plot completed

Kha'ak Plot completed

HUB Gate Set 1 Unlocked (ore delivered), or HQ Plot started

Treasure Hunt

Argon and Boron sectors

92 sectors visited

10 minutes after patch

A New Home

Minimum 2 and maximum 6 sectors away from Danna's Chance

Terran Plot completed

Goner Plot completed

Balance of Power

anywhere

Aldrin Expansion completed

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

If you're playing Albion Prelude, then the plots you are talking about are TC plots which are NOT avilable in the vanilla AP, however if you want those plots anyway, there's a mod out there that adds TC plots to the X3 AP, see this link and please comment if you're interested.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah those are the TC plots... Which one are you playing, TC or AP? I assumed you were playing AP as this is the Albion Prelude Forum Board....

RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah your right, I got confused because basically the plots are essentially the same for TC & AP with only a few slight differences, here is the list for AP not TC Smile (For those who may stumble across this):

Before reading this entry you should be aware of possible spoilers!

The minimum requirements and the start sectors for the various plots of X3:AP are as follows:

Main plots:

Plots only available with Non-Terran gamestarts:

Albion Prelude Plot

Anywhere

Minimum Argon Rank 4 (Accepted Adviser)

Maximum Terran Rank 0 (Citizen)

HUB Plot

Anywhere

Albion Prelude Plot completed

Minimum Boron Rank 5 (Queen's Guard)

The Atreus HQ (Queen's Harbour) has to be known

HQ Plot

Anywhere

Albion Prelude Plot completed

Minimum Teladi Rank 5 (Majority Shareholder)

Plutarch Mining Corporation HQ (Albion Delta) has to be known

NMMC HQ (PTNI Headquarters) has to be known

You have to build at least one own station. (Stations built by the Hephaistos Corp. from the Bonuspackage won't be accepted.)

Plots only available with Terran gamestarts (Terran Commander and Aldran Adventurer):

Operation Loose Ends

Anywhere

Positive Terran rank (at least Local Councillor)

Fight rank 14 (Professional)
Please note: Operation Loose Ends grants you access to the same or similar rewards as the plots available with Non-Terran gamestarts.

Plots available with all gamestarts:

Shady Business

Anywhere

Either HUB Plot or Operation Loose Ends completed

Unfocussed Jumpdrive in player inventory

Split rank 10 (Honoured Strong Arm of Rhonkar)

Corporation Troubles

Anywhere

Either HUB Plot or Operation Loose Ends completed

Unfocussed Jumpdrive in player inventory

Trade rank 15 (Petty Financier)

Breaking Grounds

Anywhere

6th Share recovery mission of the Corporation Troubles Plot completed

Note: None of the plots is available in the Custom start. Also none of the plots of X3TC is available in AP.

Start-specific

Tormented Teladi

your starting sector

Poisoned Paranid

your starting sector

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

How do I get to segaris? I may just sit there in my Thresher killing what I can for now because I hit my wallet seriously hard buying and fitting out my Thresher (Went from 49Mil to 1Mil and then had to crawl back up more to buy the last 2 PPC's and 3 1GJ shields, now I'm back at around 13 Mil) so getting that many laser-towers will take me a long time without the funds to set up a complex to produce them for me.

[Edit I should add im looking at a .jpg of the X3ap map and Can't see any Segaris]

[Edit 2 I found Segaris but getting there seems like an utter nightmare! Going through 4 Core Xenon sectors or going through 5 Hostile Terran Sectors, Which way would you normally go before you can just jump there?]

- RickyDeanHoward

I crossed the xenon sectors very easily , just buy an m5 fast enough(say more than 400 speed) and you can avoid any xenon ship. Once in segaris, order your ships to jump to you

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

another note: i just started as terran few time ago and yes you are right gain terran rep is awfull in the conflict zones. i sugest you go for aldrin 2 and megnir, somehow there are lots of missions there(sugest you buy springblosson and equip starbursts as soon you can it will make the job a piece of cake) i got hero of sol rep in about 10 hours gameplay

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text

You need to log-in to post here.