Generic mission notoriety gains (numeric) X3AP

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Generic mission notoriety gains (numeric) X3AP

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hia

I wondered if anyone had taken the time to check if there was a 'set' number of points you get for the various difficulties. i.e. 'very hard' 50 000 or some such? Or..do the notoriety points you get for the different difficulties vary with the race rank/combat rank you already hold?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello there, I've been noticing that the notoriety increases, simply, the more difficulty the mission has, and the difficulties are not exactly discrete levels (e.g two 'Hard' missions don't necessarily give exactly the same notoriety gain). I also notice that the notoriety increases with the 'race rank' and no matter how the combat or trade rank is. Combat and trade ranks affect only the mission reward, not the notoriety gain. That's just what I think. Smile

In short, higher difficulty = more notoriety
higher combat and trade ranks = more rewards

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

On one of my saves I'm 72% Conqueror Combat Rank and I get several K's and J's turn up on a Xenon Patrol now... I even had a patrol marked 'Average' where a K and 3 N's turned up (and nothing else!)

I will be the one to take you down!
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

No......... I didn't take the time to check for either TC or AP.
I agree pretty much with what Raptor stated. It does seem that as your notoriety goes to higher ranks the missions can get harder............. but I agree completely that it appears to be a very uneven progression. Some missions feel like you're in the wrong ship, and some might feel like you can't fly well enough, but mostly they are a quite reasonable challenge for your current level. If you keep upgrading what your flying in order to match (or get better at doing it!) things fall into place largely. But there are still some surprises ........ which is cool, 'cos if it just got easier all the time not many people would bother.

I am an Alien!
Morcain

Morcain avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks guys, I read somewhere that the race 'ranks' go up to what..10000 or was it 100 000 'points' ie each rank had a equivalent number of notoriety points you needed to reach it, so just figured..right..10000 could that mean that each very hard mission gives..500 points or something? cause you know..the first few ranks swosh by if you succeed in killing the M5 the 'very hard' station defend mission hits you with Wink

You need to log-in to post here.