can't upgrade to 3.0!!

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » can't upgrade to 3.0!!

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

1) hello mates I am having trouble to download the 3.0 update from egosoft site. It says " acess denied" (something like this) and tells to log in and enable cookies. Hell I did that in all ways possible and the site returns the same message , tried to find it on other sites but no success .. Someone can help please.

2). How to unlock aldrin adventurer plot? Does it unlock php too??

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello, I'm not sure but I think there is only one official way to update the game, which is to allow Steam to update it. Steam should automatically update the game unless we prevent it from doing so. However, if there is another way to update from the site, then I think you should enter the registration code in your egosoft account then try downloading the 3.0 update again.

As for the aldrin adventurer plot, is it a plot or a game start?! and I presume you meant phq rather than php, then see this link for info on how to start the PHQ plot. Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello, I'm not sure but I think there is only one official way to update the game, which is to allow Steam to update it. Steam should automatically update the game unless we prevent it from doing so. However, if there is another way to update from the site, then I think you should enter the registration code in your egosoft account then try downloading the 3.0 update again.

As for the aldrin adventurer plot, is it a plot or a game start?! and I presume you meant phq rather than php, then see this link for info on how to start the PHQ plot. It doesn't matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.

- Raptor

Oh indeed it's phq dumb cellphone auto text.... So I must log on steam to be able to download the update??? Oh and I believe aldrin adventurer is a start indeed some hint on how to unlock it? I like the aldrin sector very much , so an aldrin start would be cool

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

From a spreadsheet for TC might have other requirements in AP
"Prerequisites            
Terran Plot Completed    "Battle Master"        Argon "Federal Marshal"
"
Erm..pasting from an excel sheet..don't do it. but that's reqs as they were for TC at least.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes, log on steam and make sure steam is allowed to automatically update games for you. I don't like steam and I barely use it, I'm not sure how to control the update process.

And for the 'aldrin adventurer', sorry I don't know how to unlock it, but be aware that this game-start is a terran gamestart like the 'terran commander' start, that means you can play Operation Loose Ends but not Albion Prelude Plot, HUB and PHQ plots, see the link I provided in the previous post for more info.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

!!!first thanks to all you guys that replied so far!!!

thats it, i tried everything on that ?%$%%$@#ing steam and nothing, i cant update to 3.0. the egosoft site still give me the message ( Sorry! You need to have an account and must be logged in (enable cookies!) to access this downoads. For more information on account creation and optional game registration, please refer to this FAQ article.)

if someone knows how to do it please help..

(if someone sends me the patch via mail shoul that work??)

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi, well the only way to update X3AP to v3.0 is via steam - I am not sure where you are finding a patch for X3AP on egosoft site (I cant see one). Steam should update X3AP automatically unless you turned off automatic updates (right click on it and check). On the start-up screen what version does it say?

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi, well the only way to update X3AP to v3.0 is via steam - I am not sure where you are finding a patch for X3AP on egosoft site (I cant see one). Steam should update X3AP automatically unless you turned off automatic updates (right click on it and check). On the start-up screen what version does it say?

- Roguey

well its on downloads>>x3 albion prelude>>>bonus materials man i tried on stean and found nothing(my version is non-steam maybe this is the issue?)

it says 2.0 version

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

my version is non-steam maybe this is the issue?
- kritikosk8

AP is only distributed through Steam and updates through steam. There is no manual patch for AP. There is a nosteam.exe. But to download it you have to register your game on the egosoft site before you are allowed to access it. It is just a replacement for the .exe that allows it to run without starting Steam. It is not an update/content patch.

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

my version is non-steam maybe this is the issue?- kritikosk8

AP is only distributed through Steam and updates through steam. There is no manual patch for AP. There is a nosteam.exe. But to download it you have to register your game on the egosoft site before you are allowed to access it. It is just a replacement for the .exe that allows it to run without starting Steam. It is not an update/content patch.

- Sinxar

well i got registered on egosoft and downloaded ap on torrent. installed it manually, and upgraded to 2.0 manually too.(maybe it was all in a package on the torrent files) but i really cant find WHERE to update this thing on steam just cant find the option i click on the ap there and theres no such option

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Make it verify cache files. By right clicking on it in your library -> properties, on the "Local Files" tab hit "Verify Integrity of game cache". By registering your game I mean adding your key to your Egosoft profile from X3 Terran Conflict then you will have access to all the bonus material on the site.

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Make it verify cache files. By right clicking on it in your library -> properties, on the "Local Files" tab hit "Verify Integrity of game cache". By registering your game I mean adding your key to your Egosoft profile from X3 Terran Conflict then you will have access to all the bonus material on the site.

- Sinxar

aah finally i found the option on the site... but where can i get that code? is that provided from steam?

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Man, you said you downloaded ap on torrent. Steam should provide you with the key and update the game when you purchase AP, didn't you know that? there maybe some shady torrent out there that update the game to 3.0?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

but where can i get that code?
- kritikosk8

Yep it is provided through Steam, or if you have the retail box version of Terran Conflict you can use that key as well. To make your Terran Conflict key show up, IIRC you have to install it first then there should be an option when you right click on the game in Steam to show the key.

kritikosk8

kritikosk8 avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

but where can i get that code?- kritikosk8

Yep it is provided through Steam, or if you have the retail box version of Terran Conflict you can use that key as well. To make your Terran Conflict key show up, IIRC you have to install it first then there should be an option when you right click on the game in Steam to show the key.

- Sinxar

ouch i defintly wont give steam a cent, unless its rebirth xD.. txs for all the support mates but i give up the 3.0 for now

kritikosk8

Picture coloured text
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well if you havnt purchase X3AP like all the others, then we can not help you as this supports illegal activities. For the amount of hours of game-play you get, its well worth it. With a purchased copy you get none of these problems, as the game is automatically updated, and nor do you need the non-steam exe. Not long ago x3ap was on the humble-bundle deal, which you could of got for a faction of the normal price. sorry, but ill have to lock the thread.

Sorry but this thread has been locked.