SSC Forges not producing anything.

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » SSC Forges not producing anything.

Hagen

Hagen avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok. In a desperate bid to finally get my Aegir kitted out with the SSC's it needs , I personally got in a TS and stocked the SSC Forge in Mars with its maximum capacity of every resource it can hold, including the secondaries.
Then, I spent an entire hour on 1000x SETA reading a book and glancing at the screen every now and then to see if an SSC had been produced yet.
Nothing happened. The secondaries depleted a bit as secondary resources are wont to do, and that was it. The primaries were untouched, still completely full, so I didn't just miss one being produced and then sold to an NPC.
At least I think that's what it means when the primary resources stay the same.

This - very helpful, by the way, thanks for that - site tells me an SSC forge should produce one gun every 3 and a half hours.
Is an hour on 1000x SETA not enough? What does that translate to in real time? My guess would be simply 1000 hours but I don't think I'm on the money there.

Either way, I'm this close to just cheating the damn things in, so any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm running the steam version of X3:AP, with the bonus pack installed, if that matters at all.

Rottenflieger

Rottenflieger avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Maybe an NPC did buy a SSC. I would suggest docking a baldric or something at the station with CLS set to buy SSC's. That way, it would (hopefully)snatch them up as soon as they are produced. Other than that, I personally gave up on trying to buy terran weapons, I built a self sustaining complex which produces MAMLs, EMPCs, SSCs and PSPs in the Unknown sector next to Xenon Sector 534. maybe you should give that a go (I'm not sure what stage in your empire building you're at but producing my own weapons is a lot more enjoyable for me).

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

I feel like I should know this but its been a long time since I last played. Do those forges produce two different weapons? If they do, it could be there isn't enough room for it to produce the goods. For example, whatever the other item is in stock could be blocking the production since no NPC trader will buy it at that price. Just a stab in the dark, not sure if they produce two different weapons or not.

SETA goes to 10x. So 60/10 = 6. Six minutes per hour on 10x SETA.

Hagen

Hagen avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I'll try the CLS thing, but if I remember correctly they need to have a homebase and the stage of my empire building is I have a few ST's flying around.
I do have the money to build a station but I wanted to avoid just putting them anywhere willy nilly, and technically that's the money I'd saved up for the guns.

As for Sinxar, no, an SSC forge only produces SSC's, so that can't be it.
Thanks for explaining SETA though. That means that in the hour I spent just waiting for an SSC, 10 game hours passed, which means 2 SSC's should have been produced. I guess I missed them. Still weird that the primary resources were unused though.

EDIT: Home from work now, I started it up again and in my infinite stupidity I'd simply forgotten to unload the MRE's. The station was just a few short of starting a cycle and apparently the NPC's didn't think it was a good enough deal to supply any more.
Can't believe I spent an hour looking at it without noticing. Thanks anyway.

NunoFilipeANeves

NunoFilipeANeves avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

well, i had the same problem, but i built my own SSC forge, the problem is that the factory is supplied and it shows 100% in prodution, and no SSC built, and races are not allowed to buy. And factory is flashing, but i dont understand since its full supplied. So, i am stuck with this. Anyone knows what is going on ?

NunoFilipeANeves

NunoFilipeANeves avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

well, nevermimd, was a bug of my savegame...weird..but working now.

Avertan

Avertan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Solved my Starburst Shockwave cannon problem by building a closed loop complex. So far so good. Mine is in unknown sector at the end of the line from oort cloud. Just happens to have a jump beacon right next to it.

You need to log-in to post here.