Booze and weed

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Booze and weed

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hia

So...I'm at work and it's soon time to go home and I'm basically just keeping my chair warm until I can clock out, I got to thinking about booze and weed and 'having' to sell it at one below average to get the NPC to come to you (is this actually true? do NPC traders never buy for above average prices?). Well..I knew there was some places that always bought fuel/weed at max prices and set about finding out where this was, I found out..most was pirate bases naturally enough and those are kinda tenatively there most of the time, but, there are a few that seem to last throughout, atreus clouds and new income and (mostly) company pride.

Sheesh wall-of-text, what I really wondered was..would it make sense to use kestrels on CLS/CAG to trade to these places? itty bitty cargo space, but..with strategically placed miniplexes and the Kestrel speed, could it make a good setup?

Another question, illegal goods in CAG's...will they get scanned? will they give up the freight and start over? or will they start tossing out drones and wreck my race rep?

Thanks =)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I always set my prices to -1, ie. just one credit less than the average. This technically makes the ware cheaper than any trade-dock/equipment dock, so should encourage more people to buy from you. Once you have a steady steam of buyers, then you can leave it alone. Maybe others might have better suggestions.

Funny how you thinking of going home, and youre thinking of booze and weed lol.

What do you mean about illegal goods in CAG's? CAG's? I know police ships will scan your ship and demand you to drop it if any is found.

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I mean, if you have a CAG in you fuel/weed complex set to sell, will the pohleeze scan it when it flies around in the lawabiding sectors?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

The police will scan your complexes for illegal goods. If any are found, they will start attacking the station, which will eventually destroy the complex. Then they will keep going until they destroy the actual stations with illegal goods.

This is why you want to put complexes with illegal goods in unknown space, as there wont be any police ships. This happened in Rules-End (for me); as I thought no police would patrol there. After attacking a few police ships, an M2 started to blow up the complex. I had only one choice, remove the illegal goods factories from the complex and re-build.

Aris

Aris avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

If your Cag gets scanned you will get a notoriety decrease and loose freight so sell to sectors with min patrols or police and use fast ships like m3 or Springblossom

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Har har, yeah I only built a fuel station in herrons nebula once. . . Nowadays I'm rather fond of the US east of legends home

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Aha, thanks Aris, I suspected something of the kind, sooo, kestrels would be inefficient?

Aris

Aris avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Aha, thanks Aris, I suspected something of the kind, sooo, kestrels would be inefficient?
- Morcain

No, on the contrary with a kestrel only when docking will be scanned if ever but delivery will be in double digit only

You have another option : cargo shielding but you have to calculate space on ts and have good relations with dukes heaven pirates

I would prefer springbl. but expensive to buy and equip otherwise m3 with a speed of 180 and above, Enhanced Kea (M3+)or Blastclaw Prototype (M3) with cargo shielding …?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Boron Mako's are quite good, I used to use them as Crystal runners on small scale SPP's, if you can nab the Enhanced one it goes 270m/s with 197 cargo! The Mamba variants are pretty good too, the Raider being very good. Also, the Terrans can use the Spitfyre or the #deca.cefa as they are damn quick with decent cargo.

I wouldn't bother with the Enhanced Kea as a Mistral is faster with loads more space, Blastclaws are alright but are really best at salvaging goods when home-based to a carrier (as M1's can only carry M5 - M3+!)

A great ship that's actually very cheap is the Chokaro, with good shielding, not bad weapons and can carry defense fighters + 2.5k of cargo! I use them for selling/transferring tech goods like Quantum Tubes and Computer Components for my PHQ.

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I like Springblossoms for illegal good runs, but I have CLS pilots in mine for direct distribution to the Pirates and Yaki.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

CLS, hmms, yes I was actually wondering about maximizing the profits on an eventual fuelweed plex by having my kestrels only sell to the places where they always pay max credit, I have tried to find information on how the cargo bay shielding works and as far as I can tell, the shielding either works as an % ie 10 cbs covers 10% of cargo bay or makes it 10% more likely that a scan wont find any illegal goods, or, 1cbs hides 1unit of illegal goods?

You need to log-in to post here.