CLS clarification

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » CLS clarification

Morcain

Morcain avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, in detail, how the CLS 'buy up to #' function works and also how that ties into the supply conditions?

Edit; I should maybe clarify a bit myself, if you got 1000 cargospace, and you set the waypoint as buy up to 1000 microchips, aaand the supply condition for load/buy is 5%, will the pilot never move off his/her butt until she can get 50 chips somewhere?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I know that a CLS pilot told to buy up to will only ever fill his cargo bay up to the maximum value specified (e.g 1000) and no more; if the station has more than 1000, he will take 1000 units of whatever and leave. If the station has less than a thousand, he will take as many as he can and then leave, he won't wait to fill up to 1000. If he already has 500 in his cargo from a previous trip, he will only pick up 500 (if availible) to fill up to 1000. It's usually the best command to put a CLS pilot on, as its the most intelligent/flexible.

As with the supply conditions, I'm pretty sure it works like you said, the pilot detecting how many wares are in stock at the station he's buying from, and leaving when it hits 5% (or whatever you put it to); though there is another condition that means if the pilot is buying a resource for a factory, he will leave to buy more when the factory has only 5% left... Not sure which one is which, but I think you're right... Kirlack would be the best one to answer that, he basically knows CLS better than anyone!

I will be the one to take you down!
Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks RT, guess I could experiment a bit, but then you're never quite certain if you've done something wonky with the settings or if the way the CLS works really works that way...(umm..hopefully you get what I mean, cause I suddenly aren't sure anymore)

Soooo...Kirlack, can I beg some input on how the supply conditions work with CLS? (I'm using a Logistician for collecting food for my capital busters (tomahawks, hammer torps, flails and boarding pods.) I think it's working fairly well but...

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm pretty sure your right, I would attempt to test it but I'm not at home at the min; try it anyway! (I'm not the master with CLS)

Soooo...Kirlack, can I beg some input on how the supply conditions work with CLS? pods.)
- Morcain

He should be around here somewhere, something along the lines of if you say his name 3 times while spinning on the spot he will suddenly appear! Big grin

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack would be the best one to answer that, he basically knows CLS better than anyone!
- RandomTank

That's debatable, but thanks anyway Big grin

As RandomTank points out, the 'buy/load/sell/unload up to' command is by and far the most flexible a CLS can use. When used as a buy/load waypoint, the maximum cargo it pertains to is that of the CLS ship, when used as a sell/unload waypoint it pertains to the maximum storage space of the receiving ship or station (the PHQ is a different matter, and using 'unload up to' waypoints for CLS handlers there is without doubt the best way to manage your PHQ inventory, but I digress).

I should maybe clarify a bit myself, if you got 1000 cargospace, and you set the waypoint as buy up to 1000 microchips, aaand the supply condition for load/buy is 5%, will the pilot never move off his/her butt until she can get 50 chips somewhere?
- Morcain

If the 'mimimum transfer amount on purchase/collection' is set to 5% then yes, this is correct. If you set it to 50% then your CLS pilot would not move unless he could collect 500 chips in one go (not going to happen at NPC factories :p ).

The only other supply condition I can think of (not in game to check), is the 'minimum transfer amount on sale/delivery', but that wouldn't work as RandomTank describes in the latter part of his post. To be honest, I'm not sure there actually is a supply condition that allows for buying/loading when a factory is already almost empty...

If you want, you can just set supply conditions to 101%, which switches them off completely Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Morcain

Morcain avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

If you want, you can just set supply conditions to 101%, which switches them off completely

- Kirlack

Aha! so, hmms, yes, that would do it, cause the hammers/tomahawks have kinda small 'in-store' inventories, I could fiddle with the buy price maybe to stop it from buy everything in singles for all the factories.

Thanks guys Exclaim

You need to log-in to post here.