Terran Missiles Showing Hostile

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Terran Missiles Showing Hostile

Vergeh

Vergeh avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

I started with the Humble Merchant questline and I've been ignoring the storyline while trying to build up my trading empire. I did a few border missions for the Terrans to get into their good books (and their stations). However, there's a big maybe-glitch that's throwing a monkey wrench in the works. In the warzone systems like Heretic's end, whenever a Terran ship launches a missile it shows up as hostile. They never target me, and pose no threat at all. However, my UT freighter has been exercising very poor race relations. Every time they're in a warzone system, it'll invariably (I'm guessing) launch drones against the hostile missiles and ruin my rep, or worse, pick a fight with a carrier and blow up.

Is this a glitch? Is there a Terran rank I can ascend to where the missiles stop being hostile? Failing that, is there any way I can get my universe traders to stay the hell out of the sketchy systems?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

It is not a glitch. You need to keep your guys out of those systems. The way the system is setup is the race you have the lowest standing with will be hostile toward your ships when you are out of system. Even if you are at max level rep with both of them, the lowest of the two will still attack your ships. It is my understanding that you can use the blacklist for UTs, but you also need to include a few surrounding areas. I have no experience with this but somebody here can surely help you or you can search the Egosoft forums for a quick answer.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

NPC missiles always show up hostile, no matter who shot them at what. Sometimes (especially with swarm class missiles), your own missiles show up red (you can see it on the gravidar when you fire them!), it think it's meant to make them easier to lock onto.

Now, about the UTs going into war sectors: Go into the command console of a UT => Additional commands => there should be the blacklist manager, here you can select any sector, and from then on, none of your UTs will ever trade or refuel there. It is noted that certain sectors that can't be jumped to, the UT will pass through any sector to get to it, including blacklist sectors; such an example is that a UT would pass through Jupiter (a war sector) to get to Jupiter 2 and 3, so I would suggest blacklisting those 2 as well as any other sectors that for the bill. It's also a rule of thumb to blacklist any sector adjacent to a war sector, as hostiles can leak through, but you don't have to do this.

I will be the one to take you down!
Vergeh

Vergeh avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Turns out I needed the X3 bonus pack manual download for the blacklist manager, as it isn't included with the default Steam version. Holy crap, it's like opening a treasure chest. Dockware Manager? Station building as a service? Hell yes! Never would have found out about this without the blacklist manager recommendation. Thank you so much!

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oops, didn't realise you needed the Bonus Pack for the Blacklist manager, I never play without the BP anyway. Just a tip: use Mosquito Missile Defense! (MDM) It's an awesome counter for those spammy bombers, and really helps in a dogfight.

I will be the one to take you down!
Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

The game seems to generate a scaled offense against your ships passing through war sectors. You don't have to blacklist the commonwealth sectors adjacent to warzones as they have jumpgates. The generated attack ship isn't created outside the warzones. Ships jump to the closest gate or beacon in terran space. Depending on luck, locations of jump beacons may mean you have to trim off the Mars/Earth branch and Jupiter series. I blacklist sectors adjacent to Xenon sectors to avoid most Xenon patrols. Blacklisting Xenon sectors isn't necessary as there isn't anything of interest in those sectors and adjacent zones all have closer gates.

You need to log-in to post here.