Unlimited Energy cells

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Unlimited Energy cells

Avertan

Avertan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am thinking this is a bug in the latest version. Not sure though as I have not ventured to the UFJ Sectors in any other game, but I can send out a ship from my mammoth to collect ware in sector and in less than a minute it will have a full load of energy cells which do not appear on the map even with an advanced sat in range of the energy cells.

Avertan

Avertan

Avertan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Just to clarify I found about 500 energy cell upon entry to the UFJS. Then after sending my kestrel out with map sector commands which took about 6 hours. I then Sent out my Aamon with only 1 25MJ shield as equipment installed or in Cargo hold to collect wares in sector and subsequently found 12000 energy cells thus far in about 2 hours. So anyway the bug is either not showing up on radar, regeneration of sector maybe? or just plain bugged?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

woh, that does sound a lot. The main reason for those energy cells are encase you took a large ship there, and you ran out of energy cells. If thats the case, you would be permanently stuck in the unknown sector. I guess you make a big of profit doing so?

Avertan

Avertan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

No profit my interest is mainly why the energy cells do not show up on radar. almost all of them have to be tricked into getting them by using the autopilot command get wares in sector. I just wonder what else is there...

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Iam pretty sure that placing an advanced satellite will reveal all nearby hidden containers with wares...

Avertan

Avertan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I placed 4 and in sequence covered 1/4 of the sector. These items are not selectable (targetable) nor do they show up on radar.

Please try this for yourselves and let me know if I am crazy or not. I do not think it is likely that both games not saves two completely different games "starts" are corrupted. I see this in almost every unfocused sector in both terran and argon games.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

An advanced satellite will show everything up, but only in a limited area - ie. its scan range. However in UFJD area, you have x, y and z to worry about. I think in the vanilla script, items can be created anywhere upto 200km from 0,0,0!

Avertan

Avertan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

yes I only scanned 1/4 of the map from X vs Y with advanced satellites after clicking at the top of the map.That took me 2 real time hours in a mammoth. I did however check two different sectors using advanced satellites and sent out a kestrel about 6 times with the map sector command. For some reason I am finding items which will not show up using a sat or with a ship in range. The Items are not targetable and are invisible unless you are a couple hundred meters away. Only way I have found them was using the Autopilot get wares in sector command. Autopilot knows the items are there. Otherwise I would have never found them. Thus far only things found are energy cells. I understand I think this is a bug or I hope it is.

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

more then likely, have you tried searching it up to see if its happening to others?

Picture
Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

You might want to consider the possibility it is a safety feature hacked into the UFJD sectors by egosoft so players can't become stranded there. You can't exactly call in ships to bring you E-cells if you run out. My guess is some stupid moron complained about jumping into the sectors and ran out of jump fuel with his only save. There may be no cure for stupid but it seems like a reasonable workaround.

Avertan

Avertan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have been testing this a bit on different computers online and offline so far. Today I have filled up a hayabusa, in one hour using the autopilot collect wares in sector command, and 1/3 off all of the energy cells I picked up appeared on the radar/map all others were in crates which are not targetable or visible. I understand the argument of you may need to pick up energy cells/run out of energy cells, but this is really strange. My only real complaint is the fact that 2/3 of the crates are not visible/targetable and, where is the other "guns" tuning crates?

Guns and tuning crates are what I am truly after BTW.

Doing a search I saw where you can only have one captured Aran? I guess they have to be reverse engineered to have more than one?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

Doing a search I saw where you can only have one captured Aran? I guess they have to be reverse engineered to have more than one?
- Avertan

In AP yes, you can only capture one then they stop spawning. In TC they keep appearing making it an easy source of income. And yes, you can reverse engineer them to build as many as you want.

You need to log-in to post here.