Would anyone play this if it was multiplayer?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Would anyone play this if it was multiplayer?

daniel54862

daniel54862 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Imagine if you could play this game kind of like Minecraft where you are on another persons world that would be incredible. Any thoughtssssss?

Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary load lifters, very similar to your vaporators in most respects.
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

You can, it's called Eve Online.

But seriously if it was built from the start to be multiplayer then sure. But in its current state, no. The universe dynamics can barely support one person let alone two or more. Ships would have to be 500x - 1000x faster (cause there would be no SETA) unless there was some type of fast travel system, and the entire game balance would have to be reworked.

With those changes, you might as well play something else that is already out now.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah I agree with @Sinxar. The X3AP/TC universe cant really support multi-player due to SETA, removing it would would mean the game is very long winded. Travelling km's at m/s would take ages.

daniel54862

daniel54862 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

How does it barely support one person I haven't ever had trouble unless I SETA all night in Argon Prime Sad .... I won't ever do that again. Your absolutely right it would have to be reworked but imagine if it was multiplayer.

Also they could also just make the turbo booster more effective and not use E-cells as a fix for the game being "long winded".

Vaporators? Sir, my first job was programming binary load lifters, very similar to your vaporators in most respects.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think what @Sinxar was getting at, is that the x-universe handles the universe with in/outer sectors. If there was more players, then these sort-of things cant be done, as the universe would need to be rendered correctly (as a whole). SETA makes things worse, as it makes the game go faster. This also wouldnt work in a multi-player game.

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

SETA is not the problem, graphic ENGINE is, and graphics itself.
Take a look some of the MMO's like WOW or GuildWars for example, they do not have so detailed graphics and most MMO's look like cartoon.
If X3TC/AP would've been made from scratch for multiplayer support, missions would be the same, ships would be slighlty faster, jumdrive will be reworked, there wont be gates (which imo are useless) i prefer to jump and i hoping i would get there where i imagined, not to select the sector but jump from sector's to sector's until i reach my destination + other changes.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

Somebody already did it back on x2.

Rottenflieger

Rottenflieger avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'd rather a coop version of X3 than multiplayer. Having 2 players working together with some sort of friendly-fire prevention would be preferable to the griefing that'd be caused by heaps of players messing around in the same universe. This is of course ignoring all the technical difficulties of making X3 multiplayer.

calmb4

calmb4 avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Would something a pvp multiplayer mod work in a single sector, I'm thinking of Aldrin, that place is massive, no seta tho

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 9 years ago.

Would something a pvp multiplayer mod work in a single sector, I'm thinking of Aldrin, that place is massive, no seta tho
- calmb4

But then again, it wouldn't be X anymore.
You can play STARCONFLICT, which is a free PvP/PvE space pew-pew game and pretty much does what you describe.

FloridaPete

FloridaPete avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

what i would like to see is the ability to share the game... i have a 12 year old son...
my vision would be that we could share a single account (and ship), with one of us manning a turret on the ship being flown...
one of us could access the stock markets and various menus for ship maintenance and trading while the other one of us flies the ship...
is this possible???
or just another of my crappy ideas???

You need to log-in to post here.