Breaking ground broken

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Breaking ground broken

Raandom

Raandom avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey,
I've used your site more then enough within the last weeks, so I decided to ask here instead of using the official forums, as I wanted to create an account anyway.

The problem is: To get the hacker chips, I was told to to talk to a pirate on the pirate base and buy them there for 150.000. Well, that would be easy, but the problem is: the pirate base is in blue profit. And I can't talk/dock there because I get killed by the "atmospehre" before I'm in range to talk or even dock. I have no idea what I can do now to finish the plot. Is there any way to get it done without using cheats/hacks? It's freakin annoying that I can't finish such an easy mission because it's bugged. I tried reloading/restarting the game, but I always get the same target, and now the stupid person I am, I've overriden all old auto-saves I had that got created before this mission was assigned to me.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

The only thing I can think of is to go back before the mission starts and destroy the station with missiles. If you are OOS you should be able to send a ship to get in range so it shows up on your sector map. Then grab your favorite M8/M7M, target the station and tell the M8 to barrage your target.

That might work but not sure. If it does, it should pick a new pirate base for you to use for the mission.

Raandom

Raandom avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Mh, is it impossible to do so after the mission started? I have no old savegames left :/

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

You can try it but it is likely the station is invincible during the mission.

Raandom

Raandom avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So, I can't finish the plot without using cheats? :X

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi there, welcome to the site.

How far is the station when start getting damage from the atmospehre? I wonder if something like SETA/docking computer might help? Although its sounding like you might need to cheat to get it unstuck Confused

Raandom

Raandom avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

When it starts warn me, the distance is still about 31 km I'm already getting damaged just to talk to the pirate. No chance to get it done with an docking computer.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

I guess you just learned a valuable lesson regarding the X3 series. Save often and in different slots. That advice is spouted for most games but nowhere is it more true than in these games.

It is unfortunate that this happened to you. The latest content patch (includes the breaking grounds plot) is very glitchy. I have personally found that all plots have broken in some way and requires restarting the mission and the Shady Business plot is unable to be completed at all due to a simple... well I can't call it a mistake on my part, I would say an oversight by the people who made it (the newest plots are community created).

I hope this doesn't stop you from playing the games in the future as all three (X3:R, X3:TC, X3:AP) are very good even with the bugs.

You need to log-in to post here.