Spaceflies

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Spaceflies

Akyre

Akyre avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I cannot find these pesky little things that are flying around.

I've searched sectors Lost Order, Unknown Sector (by Getsu Fune), Unknown Sector (by Xenon Core) and several other asteroid sectors, only time I actually got a spacefly was in a crate dropped by some unknown ship when I was looking for quantum tubes and scanning the universe maps for tube fabs.

Anyone got some tips for me?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Indeed they are hard to find, as its more luck than anything else. You normally find them when you arent looking for them.

I dont know if you seen this?

Akyre

Akyre avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah that's what I looked at before I came here.

That exact mission is what I got stuck on, getting everything else was easy using Best Buys, but trying to best buy Spaceflies shows that there are none in stock in my discovered universe at the moment D: .

Are they located purely by sight or does the scanner locate them?

Because if they are by sight... my object finding abilities aren't so great xD.

Also I can't find any in stock, the military outpost doesn't have any slots for them and the HQ I waited... and waited... not sure if they restock hmm...

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 10 years ago.

They usually spawn around asteroid fields. Just sit in a small debris field for a little while and see if they spawn. If not, move somewhere else. They can take a while to show up and seem to do so more often when you don't have an ion disruptor handy.

They are small but you can easily spot them when they spawn around your ship. They tend to run into you to let you know they are there.

Akyre

Akyre avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

So... I should sit my ship near an asteroid and leave on SETA until SETA turns off from collision?

I'm currently in a Springblossom by the way, my transporter is on standby to jump in with an ion disruptor fighter.

Akyre

Akyre avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I swapped ships.... there must be spaceflies here... right? Sniper
Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am not sure if SETA will really help or not, as they may fly away before you can spot them. I would also recommend waiting in a ship that can fire a IonD and supports the space-fly collector (encase they do come). Although like sixar said, it can be a bit of a waiting game for them.

You will need a IonD to stun them, so you can capture them.

JAV1L15

JAV1L15 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Strong arms HQ restocks them every hour or so, some restocks faster than others.

I just sat one of my mistrals on the station and went about my business checking on him every now and then.

Suddenly, 15 spaceflies in stock (and it didn't take too long either)

Akyre

Akyre avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I switched to Beryll, it was much easier to do than waiting around for spaceflies. Now I gotta fix my argon rep so I can actually land at that station...

OliasOfSunhillo

OliasOfSunhillo avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Start a fight and have Ion D's handy - I remember reading somewhere they love a fight (in the lore that is the X universe) - should call them colosseum flies!
When it is over in certain sectors you will see them then zap them.
I find as well if you sit still in a rocky sector on SETA they will bump your ship a clue will be that SETA drops - good luck

You need to log-in to post here.