Creating own new faction/corporation?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Creating own new faction/corporation?

mikervg92

mikervg92 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Is/are anyone have been through this question. Im a newbie by the way Smile Smile

From what i know, to build a new faction or corporation(much smaller) you need to build all type of ships from all classes just like the OTAS corporation, the system to make it function just like other fac/corp do and their very own weapon technologies.
i've been looking at the Ship Modelling Tutorial(looks hard to learn x_x) but not yet tried to make a single ship yet, and my questions are:

1. Can we make a new kind of faction/corporation?
2. if it do can, can we make an m1/m2 or any large ship beside fighter?
3. if Q1 and Q2 can be done then can we add a new kind of weapons?
such as(example) 1. Magnetic Shrapnel Array (a projectile once launch will burst and release 5 explosive mine that will automatically stick to any ship nearby within 200m.

How are these are possible to make? Newbie.. advance sorry for any mistake make in this thread. Nod

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

hi there,

Question 1: It is indeed possible; as it can be done a few ways - however its normally hard to create a completly new race;

- You can add ships, placing them on a race (like argon) then rename them by using the job file. However they will still belong to the original race. So if they get shot, you will lose rep from the Argons for example. A fake race kind-of way.

- Or place on a blank race. However there is a disadvantage to this. A blank race wont have a picture, or be able to coms with. So you wont get the typical replies when shot at. I also dont think there are many free slots in X3AP, although you could use Khaak I guess. I am not sure how well it will be supported in the jobs file too.

However, adding in fractions could be easier; just use first method above. However you wont be able to add a new rank with them.

Question 2: There is an M0 tag which can be used, although sometimes there can be issues classifying ship outside the normal M1-M7. A reason why egosoft left them a lone, rather than re-order them.

Question 3: You can add new weapons, but there is a limit to the amount. This is why there are weapon/missile groups, as egosoft only used a 32bit number. Although making a projectile do something different than the norm, is doubtful. X even struggles with beam weapons, as the AI/human launches are different; making it impossible to balance. The reason why most beam weapons are in AI hands. Maybe the shrapnel could launch a missile? not sure.

mikervg92

mikervg92 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 9 years ago.

Thank for answers Roguey. really appreciate all your detail answer.

Based on the question 1, yeah you're right. if i use other race it will cause the rep issues.
but if i use khaak there should be trouble with the comm, and lose voice of computer-aid system.
this new thing should be build up starting from the early start where ive got limited tool/software to do so. Guess i'll leave this idea behind.

for Q3, do you mean AI will have trouble using our weapon because the aiming system are different due to the range of projectile hit a target?
by the way what do you mean by AI/human launches are different, and impossible to balance?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

The AI wont have trouble firing a weapon, as it will fire it normally. However problems could happen if you start making making them launch homing projectiles for example (although it might be okay, never really tested but usually X engine isnt the friendliness).

as for beam weapons, its due to how they fire. When in the hands of the AI, they will pulse (depending on the fire time) and hit with that damage. So if you set a beam to fire for 0.5 seconds, do 500 damage and re-fire every 5 seconds it works fine. However, the hands of the player beam weapons ignore the refire rate and stay on constantly (as long as the player holds down the button), and the damage increases (no idea what to, as the damage isnt clear). This makes it nearly impossible to balance them for both AI and human players. This is something egosoft over-looked for some reason.

You need to log-in to post here.