Best M2 for IS AI use?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Best M2 for IS AI use?

dreamydays

dreamydays avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

I'm looking for an M2 that is useful as firepower support.
But I'm not really interested in riding one myself - M7s are slow enough.
And I certainly don't wish to start farming IBLs for mass Tiger/Shrike/etc.
Any cost effective suggestions?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Pirate Brigantines are pretty easy to board. The shields are a bit weak but it is hard to get any more cost effective than a free hull and it doesn't hurt race relations.

dreamydays

dreamydays avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

That seems like a good idea!
Stealing from pirates is always a Good Idea in my books. Big grin

So I should go train some marines then.

Thanks!

AlexanderSziller

AlexanderSziller avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 9 years ago.

I like to fly the Brigantine myself.
As an AI support, it isn't too effective, because it takes lot of HULL damage and you need to pay for the repairs and new equipment.
Also, the frontal firepower of Brigantine is terribly poor, comparing to standard M2 ships.

It really has to be controlled by player himself, or used against very inferior enemies that don't pose a real threat. It's good at crushing M7s, light carriers, any M6s and fighters, but against M2 it's going to end up with massive hull damage and several destroyed weapons, OR going to get completly destroyed.
Is a wonderful ship though.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

I would go with the Ray. Its relatively cheap and can mount PPC and FAA which gives it capitol and antifighter power and you can build the PPC and FAA fabs to supply yourself unlike those damn IBLs

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

In x3ap3.1 the Ray and Boreas cost about the same and the Boreas is faster and can mount good ppc and faa coverage too. Although by the time I get an M2 I may just go with the Megladon.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

I didn't like the Megladon. I don't like having to manually fire the front battery. Guess that doesn't matter since the AI will be flying it but seems a bit excessive in cost to let the AI fumble around with it.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

The Boreas has the front 8 in a turret, that seems better than a megladon to me.

You need to log-in to post here.