Headquarters via script editor

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Headquarters via script editor

nmorrish

nmorrish avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

I cannot for the life of me get the HQ plot to start; I have all the requirements, own a station, reputations, found stations, etc, but it won't show the book icon.

So, I am trying to spawn an HQ using the script editor. The problem is, it doesn't work right. The spawned HQ won't recycle or reverse engineer ships. I figured out how to add shields (also not included), but there is still something missing from the script. Does anyone know how to spawn a fully functioning HQ? If not, does anyone know how to force start the HQ plot?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 9 years ago.

Been a while since I've seen anything about spawning an HQ. IIRC you cannot directly spawn it else it doesn't work as intended (as you have found). I think you have to spawn it in a TL then build it from the ship.

HQ FAQ

If you look at the official modding forums there is most likely a script to start/restart any plot you want.

nmorrish

nmorrish avatar
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. How do you spawn it in a transport, though? Stations are not in the ware list on trade commands.

Luminourm

Luminourm avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

This post is a little older, and OP may no longer need this info, but as I just had to re-learn how to do it, and saw this along the way, I figured I'd go ahead and post the solution.

Where regular factories generally just need factory production task set to true, HQ needs this:

station trade and production tasks: on=
Under general object commands.

Reference: http://www.xai-corp.net/msci-handbook/editor/instructions/objects/69

Once that is set to true, it will begin recycling, reverse engineering, and building as normal.

Sorry I didn't see this post a year ago!

You need to log-in to post here.