X3 mod ships in X3AP

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » X3 mod ships in X3AP

darktACTics

darktACTics avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi people,

I am new here so hello everyone. And Thanks Roguey, I used to play X3R back in the day and used your mod exclusivly. Im not normally someone who uses forums but I have been here many times in the past to read.

I have decided to come back to X3 and try X3AP as I imagine its similar but with better graphics. I have one huge problem that I hope someone here(maybe Rog himself) can answer. I also have a couple of questions that anyone can answer.

First off, can I ask a quick Q about X3AP. Is it that much better/more advanced than X3R?

My real issue is this:

Back in the day, way back, I used to play X3R, as I mentioned. One day while exploring and letting my UT's deal and trade on my behalf, I came apon an abandoned ship. The ship looked so nice, in my eyes, that it became my player ship from then on. I also modded it a little more with some GFX and other touches. I liked the ship so much that I dont think I can enjoy playing without it. Soo much time down the black hole that is X3.

Now... If I come back and install X3AP, will I be able to import that old ship from Roguey's X3R mod? I know some of the ships are included. The ship I want is the Paranid Perseus Proto (M3+). I used to be ok with some light editing so if its a case of importing it somehow then ok, i guess. I could just download the mod and unpack it and look but I was hoping someone could just let me know. Also, is the mod as good (read - as deep and involved) as the X3R mod? I imagine it is.

I remember back in the day an old thread on the egosoft forum about "you know you play X3 too much when" funny days...

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone can help me out here.

Cheers.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 9 years ago.

Hi there,

X3AP is a bit more modern than X3 - featuring things like larger map (which is very useful). Ultimately X3 and X3AP are similar games (with a few more bits tagged on).

as for the ship, it is possible to port from X3 to X3TC/AP, as this was already done in my X3AP mod. The main focus of that mod was to give the player a new universe to explore, but it does contain the ship you are looking for. Its been along while since ive done modding for X3+, so I cant really help with the actual importing.

darktACTics

darktACTics avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

Thanks for the reply. I will do a pit of reading then, it will come back to me. Im looking forward to using the BSG mod ships. I remember the issues with the turrets but they look great now. Cheers.

You need to log-in to post here.