Missing TLs in X3AP3.1

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Missing TLs in X3AP3.1

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

Hey, I'm trying to set up some factories but cant find a TL anywhere. I tried the core Argon worlds, the other races , and alot further away but havent seen (using triplex scanner) a single mammoth, Albatross, elephant, Hercules, or Orca. Someone please help me. I'm playing the Gog version of x3ap 3.1 Thanks!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 8 years ago.

im guessing youre looking to hire one? if so, I think you can understand why people tend to buy their own TL later (the use of a jumpdrive helps a lot). Anyway, usually TL's hang around the core sectors; like Argon Prime etc.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Yeah, I wanted to hire a TL so I could build a factory. In X3AP3.1 you have to own at least one station in that races space to be able to use the stock exchange. I wanted another way to make money. I started as the Argon humble merchant and made about 8 million doing just trading runs but it is starting to get old and I want other ways to make credits. I did manage to pick up a cargobay lifesupport so now I can buy a TP and do taxi missions since I've explored over 75% of the sectors (using an m5 and TM with jumpdrive) including about 4 that show as red on the galaxy map and I assume are war sectors. There were a lot off big ships shooting at each other but my m5 managed to scoot through.

Anyway, I still haven't spotted a TL but I'll go back to search the core sectors again before doing another round of ore runs (which net about 100,000 credits per run). I have a sector trader equipped with a Caimen super tanker (and so is my main trade ship) in queens space thats made it up to level 4. I don't have anyway to black list sectors so once he makes back some of his cost and starts getting close to the war sectors I'll just sell him since I've heard that Utraders tend to wander into war zones and get killed, losing the 2million investment plus whatever cargo he was carrying.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Finally! Found one. I finally found a Split Elephant in Family Pride. The cheapest split factory I can buy costs half a million credits but then I'll be able to try the Split Stock Exchange. I doubt the chelt farm will ever pay for itself since I'm just gonna dump it somewhere in Family Pride.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

You know that you can get into the Seizewell exchange for only 10,000 credits? That usually where I go for some quick cash trading stock.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Thats much better. I did notice a Teladi Albatross in PTNI HQ and the flower farms are alot cheaper. Thanks.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Actually what I mean is, you don't need to own a station in Teladi space to use their stock exchange. Just dock at one and they will charge you 10,000 credits for full access.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

For some reason a TL finally showed up in Argon Prime after I'd already hired the one in Cloudbase Southeast. I think I will buy my own anyway, its more convenient.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Indeed it is!

Since you normally don't personally fly them, I prefer the Orca for station hauling. If your funds are limited the Elephant is OK, just don't try to build a large complex with one!

You need to log-in to post here.