x3AP3.1GogPc version and making profits

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » x3AP3.1GogPc version and making profits

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 8 years ago.

This is about making profits in X3AP3.1 pc version from Good old Games(gog.com)

I started with the Argon humble merchant and made about 6 million doing trade runs working my way up to a Caimen Super tanker for my ts and buying another one for a universal trader. But that exhausted me for trading runs so I bought a TP turned to missions mostly taxi service or hauling (L)arge or smaller size goods in small quantities (all under 100 tons) for which a TP is adequate.

I discovered several things. Missions increase rep a lot. So far no missions pay more than 1.8 million credits (most a lot less so the rumors of 3million credit missions seems to no longer be in the works) and the prices listed for ships in the database here is less than half what the (s)mallest and cheapest ship of that type actually costs to purchase. Also, I noticed the mission icon seems to indicate what type the mission is.

Crosshair is always combat mission.

White lightbulb can be anything from someone trying to sell you sector charts or ships to real easy taxi ,freight, and return ship missions. Most of these pay 27-80k and aren't worth bothering with unless you just want to build rep. Or steal a ship. Deliveing a ship mission pays a percentage of the ship value so can be worthwile. If the find ship missions paid a percentage they might be worthwile but as it is they are crap.

Orange or yellow cent sign – hard and pay up to 1.8 million credits usually have 15 minutes or less. These can be taxi or freight missions. These are the missions to take but half are to a destination station that doesn't exist (a major bug in my opinion). But don't take missions that require a TS for XL cargo or that you have to buy foodstuffs or ore for the quantities are too much for a caimen super freighter. Stick to TP compatible missions (100 tons of L size or smaller cargo) for profits.

+ sign are really hard missions mostly building stations and you have to pay for the station plus own a TL which cost over 20million plus factoring in the station cost rarely profit you over 1million credits.

Universal Traders stink. Once they finally get where they are generating profits they start jumping all over in war zones and nearby and dumping a shipload of fighter drones with each jump. I can't black list sectors since the gog version doesnt seem set up to use Steam mods.

Right now I still have 1 Utrader, 1 Caimen super tanker, 1 magnetar(TM), 1 octopus (m5), and 1 elite. But haven't started the Argon missions yet. My rep is quite high due to the missions: Argon Fed marshall, Boron Kings Knight, Teladi Majority shareholder, Paranid friend of priest duke, and Split family friend (no missions yet so rep is low). I have 12 million credits in my bank account and am considering investing in the stock market.

One thing about the stock market, the guide says to buy at 100 and sell at 80 or below, thats buy high and sell low and sounds like a good way to lose a lot of money. Could someone explain that to me, I don't understand.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

Ok. So the bonus pack is available on the website: http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bonus_en.php?download=561.

The trick is to make traders work for you instead of doing everything manually. The bonus pack contains several tools to help you do this. Commercial Agent and Commodity Logistics. There are a wealth of guides on how to use these so it is pointless for me to parrot everything you can find in seconds of Googling. OFC it also includes the sector blacklist script.

BTW if you read the game manual it explains a ton. http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3tc/bonus_en.php?list=97.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I already tried the bonus pack but it installed to steam. So obviously won't work with my gog version.

Another thing. That information about mission icons is only based on a sample of about 100 so might be misleading. Also it might be considered an exploit since it allows you to cherrypick lucrative missions. But you should still com stations that show the worthless white lightbulb icon because the station may have multiple missions including good ones but the lightbulb is shown for the entire station for some reason.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

The bonus pack works with all versions. You need to change the directory it install to.

No its not an exploit at all. It is explained in the manual what each mission type is.

Here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=2 that is the official X3 forum. Check the stickies at the top of the forum and feel free to ask any questions. We are all happy to help.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I have an online manual that is almost impossible to read. Duh, guess the zoom does work. I'll give the bonus pack a shot I just cancelled the installation when I saw it wanted to install to steam. The manual didnt mention the icons at least not that I saw. I checked twice and no mention of missions and their icons.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=268611

check out that guide. lot of useful information.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

Well, I finally made 100 million credits and on my last mission which was a military taxi that earned me a high 3.1 million credits my ship turned into a bomb. My mission high was 3.65 million for a deliver luxury food mission. Anyway, no matter what I did, the TP ship would explode 3 seconds after undocking from that station. So I changed ships and bought a new phantom. Plus got a spare in case the bomb thing happens again or I start to collect marines. I love the phantom, I think its the best TP in the game, its got speed and good cargo space. The extra shield is nice but I just use the guns for antimissle defense although they might work against an m4. I noticed after certain missions my ship will fly sideways or do other irritating or dangerous stuff like (the bomb) the autopilot or seta constantly shutting off by itself. Is that a feature or a bug?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 8 years ago.

You using any mods other than the bonus pack? The only one that happens to me in AP is SETA turning off randomly.

No idea what the GOG client has but in Steam you can just verify cache files and it will fix any errors with the game files. Don't know if the GOG thing has that or not. You could always try reinstalling if it doesn't have that.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I don't have any mods running but the script for Universal Trader sector blacklist manager. The bomb bug happened with the same save game every time I undocked (I did it about five times). But when I switched to another ship it stopped.

Mortimerex

Mortimerex avatar
Posted 8 years ago.

I've had the bomb bug recur with the mission Paranid transport military personel to torpedo factory. So I just avoid that mission now. I'm up to 130 million credits and have max rep with the commonwealth races but my fight rank is still harmless. I have 1 fab in Power Circle (for easy resources) that makes hepts for my small (5) fleet of m3s mostly second hand nova raider and vanguards. I did buy one Eclipse for a whopping 5 million credits just to see its stats and its speed is max 120(edit make that 130) not the 150+ listed in the database. I also stold a heavy centaur from a return abandoned ship mission. Its shields were taken halfway down by the single m5 repo ship a Pegasus Raider. I ordered a nova to protect the heavy cent and the repo ship quit attacking and wandered off. I haven't gotten any m7 to steal but that may be because my fight rep is so low. Mostly m3, m6, and m8.

I'm about to buy a TL. I chose the Orca because it has almost as much cargo as a mammoth, is faster, has over twice the hanger capacity, and cost less than a mammoth in ver3.1 the price is 22.3 million. I plan to outfit the Orca with hepts since I have a steady supply of them and I dont plan for it to see much combat.

I have one factory so far but plan to make some complexes to mass produce more weapons, quantum tubes, microchips, and computer components which are in my game in very limited supply with very great demand all over Argon space and the commonwealth. The only way I can get weapons (or Qts) in my game is to park a ship in the factory and buy them one by one as they are made or to make them myself. I plan to build my complexes in Antigone memorial since it has a fairly rich asteroid selection and is relatively safe area and can help supply my existing hept forge. Hopefully the complexes will pay for themselves and supply me with weapons too. My Phq I plan to build near the east gate of power circle so it is near my complexes but not the same exact sector.

I have 2 universal traders going and havent had any fatalities since adding Black Hole Sun to the war and xenon sectors in my blacklist. I highly recommend the bonus pack and the universal trader sector blacklist manager, it seems you can't operate Uts without it. 2 seems a good number of Uts as I have one go north and one go south and they only occassionally poach each others territory. They earn a little extra income.

You need to log-in to post here.