X Rebirth Catalog Tool updated for other X games

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » X Rebirth Catalog Tool updated for other X games

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

The X Rebirth Catalog Tool has been updated to add support for the catalog format from earlier X games.

The tool is now available via the X Rebirth Bonus Material Download section on egosoft.com, in addition to Steam.

(Sorry for a semi-duplicate thread. I only do so in case followers of the earlier X games are not watching the Rebirth forum here. Please feel free to adjust things as needed. Original thread thread is here.)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

that makes sense, leads to much less confusion. Did anyone work out how to import/export models in X-Rebirth, as they used some weird format.

Sparks

Sparks avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with that kind of thing but the following links may be of interest. Although on the other hand, they may just reflect your existing understanding.

- Observe's guide to working with custom 3D models (January, 2015).
- linolafett's info about art and sound production (various posts).

Generally though, I think the mods that have introduced new ships involved using rearrangements of existing Rebirth assets (e.g. something like placing parts of a Rahanas between parts of a Sanahar).

You need to log-in to post here.