Need help: Shady Business - Armistice.

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Need help: Shady Business - Armistice.

BigPhil

BigPhil avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 7 years ago.

So basically I'm at the part where you need to reach a certain rank of each race to contact the ambassadors, buuuuuuuuuuuuut like a fool I picked up the argon ambassodor and went to the goner (thinking you could do one at a time) when I realised I needed both of the Ambassadors, I then dropped my Express with the argon Ambassador off at a near by station and went to segaris to up my rank, unbeknown to me whilst I was killing xenon my express undocked flew to treasure chest and was killed ( dont know why I didnt command it to) so I bought a new express went to the station where I left the ambassador he is there but I cannot interact with him on a mission level just the usual questions where's nearest shipyard / equipment dock or surrender.

OK I've just checked he's classed as an astronaut but he's in the station

Does anyone have a solution to fix this or must I go back to a much early savegame and start again?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well how far back would you have to go? Is it before killing all the Xenon because that is a lot of work lost.

link to walkthrough.

BigPhil

BigPhil avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

yes its back to when I just recovered jump drive in xenon sector (its a salvage insurance save)

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Well AFAIK you either have to start that part over or use a script to advance the plot to the next stage. I don't know of any way to make him board the ship again. Are you personally flying the TP when you dock with that station?

You could ask on the egosoft forum so more people will see it.

BigPhil

BigPhil avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

its ok I found a loophole I bought a gladiator and blew the station up with a crapton of missles the astronaut is just there waiting to be picked up Big grin

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Nice! Glad you didn't have to start over. Killing those Xenon is the worst part of the plot IMO. I threw my entire fleet at them and didn't even make a dent in it. Ended up just ramming them with my Kyoto lol.

BigPhil

BigPhil avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

but SKINIR and load it up with shadow missles and watch the fun mission was simple after that I just focused Q's and only hit the others if I could snipe the kill from the Terrans/Argons

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Qs? How did you get Qs to spawn lol. I got nothing but I's and K's.

I did try that though. I used bombers at first and used up my two TLs worth of missiles on them. Then I brought in the Kraken and used up all the stored ammo for that too. Missile boats were surprisingly ineffective on them for some reason.

I had a wing of 6 Vali's in my Kyoto that got absolutely wrecked by the first I they went up against. Was terrible!

You need to log-in to post here.