Stock Exchange Madness

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Stock Exchange Madness

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yea this is all post patch.

The price of shares reflects demand, they are low because nobody wants them, or they are high because everyone is trying to buy them.
- Ripskar

Thats exactly the point. They are low because there is a huge oversupply. Since there is an absolute low/high price, it can only go up. Thus NPCs should buy them for profits, instead they buy high sell low and it makes no sense. As if they exist only to lose credits. Its been well established that npcs will lose profits on purpose to supply NPC stations. But for the stock market it doesn't work right, they can nerf it all they want but until the NPCs actually try to make money rather than purposely lose it in stocks it will be a source of crazy amounts of cash for the player.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Of course the whole thing is noticeably less profitable than taxi runs.
I'm getting out of the Naturals market, looking to go back to Food & Bio where I made my first million.
It's more directly linked to the Universe than Naturals which I like.
I might try to collect some of the Naturals from missions to see if having your own cargo of the stuff has any effect.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well for a game which is already quite complex to learn, throwing a wall of numbers at me isnt something I consider fun. I guess you can make good money on it, but I would personally prefer to do something (building, boarding, fighting etc.). I would much rather seen the return of the BBS, than the stock-market.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

It is a useful tool to plan building stations as you can easily locate gaps in the market.
The money from Naturals is much reduced in 1.1 and besides now the taxi missions are back running you easily outstrip the SX doing that.
I just trade during the lulls between stations, (It beats SETA).

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

It is a useful tool to plan building stations as you can easily locate gaps in the market
- Ripskar

Which is not necessarily true. Originally scoping out the argon stock market. I noticed that the supply for 1mj shield was 103, and the demand was at 2,350. So I figured I would take the opportunity to fill a small portion, of that gap. I built a 1MJ closed loop complex, and they were selling like hot cakes. MAX profitsss, literally. About 30 mins later, they weren't selling anymore. Scoping out the stock market, the supply had changed to well above 130,000, and the demand was about the same. I didn't mass a huge 1mj complex. Definitely not 200k. You can't trust the stock market to plan anything ahead. Trust me when I say, there definitely isn't that many 1mj shield complexes in my universe to even fill a fraction of that gap. Before I even planed that complex, I watched the stock market for hours, while directing my fleets.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Odd that 1 MJ shields would stop selling.
I had around 30 fabs going non-stop in Heron's and Antigone in TC.

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yea in TC, 1mj shields would be fine, but for some reason, in my AP game, just having 20 fabs, the supply just spontaneously skyrocketed after an hour of my fabs going online. I mean there's a big difference between a demand of 101 and then sky rocketing to 150k. Maybe GOD is playing a cruel joke on me.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.