To win the war...

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » To win the war...

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

deca.deth:
War should be "winnable" for any chosen side. There are list of war goals for each side, and if they are achieved, war should be "won". As I've said - I'll say no more. That kind of information is not named "spoiler" without reason. Isn't it much better finding out things in game of your own? How hard is to exterminate and hold several sectors? There are ways, I had my fortresses and constant military presence in xenon core, so why is argon sector such a problem?

Sir Warwick:
Well a quick two minute glane at the Mar mission MD file suggestts that if you do the right mission in the right sector, then that will advance the war state to another sector.

I didnt look through it in detail (nor for an end condition) and Im not really familar with mission director stuff, but have a rough idea how they work.

CBJ:
War Missions

You can take part in War missions whether or not you start the game from one of the specific War gamestarts. All you need is sufficiently high reputation with one of the sides in the war, and stations in the War sectors will start offering you war-related missions.

Completion of these war missions, and also the the destruction of war-related assets belonging to one side or the other, will have a real effect on the progress of the war. Your actions can influence whether the Terrans or the Commonwealth, under the leadership of the Argon, gain ground or lose it.

I feel like I'm bashing my head against a brick wall with the war.
Nothing seems to have had a lasting effect so far.
Has anyone fared any better?

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

From what I understand there is never an ending. While looking for post on how to make the commander shut up, I found that it continues even after you complete the plot with no way to make it stop or end it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

The war is a bit of an disappointment for me. At first the promise of large scale battles, where the outcome spills into other sectors sounded great. I thought ill help the Terran's take over the whole universe and show those Argons that blowing up the Earth Torus was an bad idea.

However this limiting of war makes it feel very controlled and the outcome of the war very unimportant - as 5 minutes later the same battle is happening. War should be constantly changing and its outcome should not be limited back, as in the end war can lead to the defeat of another, or the surrender of an whole army.

Rapid Response craft make it very hard for me to help in my M2, as they jump in (on top of me) and overwhelm my ship. I take my M2 in and think Ill help, then an M1 and a M2 jump in.

Another factor that doesnt help is the threat of the constant missile barrage - which is again enough to overwhelm my ship. Incoming.. Inc.. Inc.. Inc... (for like 2-3 minutes).

For a long time Ive just ignored the war - it feels like a big let down to me. So what if you take over the whole universe? its something to do - especially since the Terran's dont have a plot to follow.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Link
So 14 'War States', From the Terran Perspective I suppose the war should progress out of Jupiter & Asteroid Belt, towards M148.

Not sure what the Argon would want to achieve.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

The war is a bit of an disappointment for me. At first the promise of large scale battles, where the outcome spills into other sectors sounded great.

However this limiting of war makes it feel very controlled and the outcome of the war very unimportant -
- Roguey

False advertising. The main theme of AP, was all supposed to be war. The talk of "invasions" spilling out into sectors, really got me to make the purchase. In the end, there's only disappointment. There honestly isn't that many companies/developers out there, that live up to there own hype. Advertising seems to be the way to go. Especially when it comes to making money, with very little effort. After AP, egosoft is on the list of "be warned".

You need to log-in to post here.