Problem with boarding

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Problem with boarding

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Does anyone know why I can't get all 10 marines I have in my cobra to load in the boarding pods? I've been trying to cap a Kyoto in asteroid belt, and no matter what I do it never sends over more than 8. Been loading over and over again, have tried it remotely giving the order and with me in the cobra, no luck! I fried the kyoto's internal sentry lasers and 2 of it's 2GJ shields with the Ion disruptors of my griffon.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

How many pods are you launching?

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Two pods. The cobra has 10 marines and 5 boarding pods on board. I usually launch them from the shift+c, special pirating menu etc. But eventually the Kyoto ran out of ammo for it's matter/antimatter weapons while shooting at my griffon. So I could bring my cobra in close, pilot it my self and above the kyoto shoot them manually from the missile slot. That way it loaded them to the max - 5 marines per pod.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Normally the pods aren't max-loaded. you have to launch an extra pod to get the full set of marines across.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yea, but the launch command through the piracy menu sends more than one pod anyway. So even if if isn't filling them to the max, it should then send a third one. Anyway, this is actually the first time I had to modify my tactic because of it, since on other ships I capped (brigantine, galleon, ryu, carrack, etc) the pods were filled to the max - 2 pods, 10 marines - no marine left on the cobra.
Also, somewhat related, in albion beta when I tried to cap a Heavy Centaur prototype with another regular Centaur, when I launched my marines they would appear spread all over the sector, dozens of kms apart. Same with placing adv satelites, instead of appearing behind my ship, it would appear 30-40 km away.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

If your in an M7M, then why not simply select the boarding pod (by pressing M) and launch them manually (pressing L). This way you dont need to use the piracy command, although you will still need to get the shields down.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

As I said, that's what I had to do eventually. But just in this case, and in other situations it wouldn't work so well, since it's better that pods reach the hull at the same time or close, and the manual fire launches them one at a time and with a small delay before I can switch to manually launching the flails to cover my pods and keep the target's shields in check.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh, ive only ever done it manually myself. I normally throw some flails out just after too over-load the turrets, as by the time ive switched between them the flails normally hit with them.

You need to log-in to post here.