Stock Exchange bug-easy way to get RICH

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Stock Exchange bug-easy way to get RICH

paruk

paruk avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

Initially I intended that I produce Lasertowers because according the exchange stock were zero supply of demand of lasertowers. After made about 31 pieces of lasertowers I found that what I have in the complex warehouse, exchange stock counts in and I can see it in exchange stock window .Supply filled demand and price of shares are lowest,so I bought all shares.Then I tried load this lasertowers to trade ship and fly out of argon sector and what's happened?In the exchange stock is zero supply of demand and now the share price is highest.I sold all shares,because the share price is highest and profit is about 3M cr. Then i thought to return to the first argon border sector and my load of lasertowers in my ship filled supply of demand,so best time to buy all shares,then I flew to the next non-argon sector and all shares sold again and this procedure can be repeated continuously.After 30 minutes of flying between two sectors only I earned about 60M cr without selling lasertowers load.

I think the mistake is that stock exchange shouldn't count in with comodities which are loaded in ship only or station warehouses and should count in only with comodities in trade stations and exchange stock stations.What I have observed this should apply to all comodities.Try it.This should be solved for future patch.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Known 'feature' it has been toned down from V 1.0.
There are larger profits to be ripped out of the system from other commodities (Nividium being the commonest)
A slight variation on the theme is that it doesn't count weapons that are installed so you can equip and unequip guns to manipulate the market.
If it only counted items in stations you'd get players selling stuff to docks, buying shares and buying their stuff back then selling shares.
Ultimately it's up to you whether you want to rip yourself off like that.
Personally given that it's a Space Trading Sim, I'd find that sort of thing rather defeats the point.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'd consider it a waste of time spending 30 minutes doing the same repetitive task over and over and only getting ... 60mil? Much easier and faster to just cap an M2/M1 in merc's rift in 15-20 minutes for 60mil. Or if you want more bang for the cap, save the game just before the marines crack the computer core and keep reloading a few times until you get the ship with weapons/shields as well for up to 80-90 mil.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

sounds like they havnt took into the fact the whole economy of the x-universe, so you can exploit it nearby sectors. I never got into the Stock-market however after your tip I maye give it ago Smile

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yeah Dutzan, I completely agree, I made 2 billion capping mostly M1's, once you get it down to a fine art it doesn't take long, it has a good return and can be a good source of rare weapons such as IBL's.

The stock market is a good addition but I view it as something I use at the start to make some money before I can get the M7M, good bunch of marines and a flail/hammer complex.

You need to log-in to post here.