Jump beacons from rapid response ships

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Jump beacons from rapid response ships

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

As you might have figured from the title, I'm trying to get some jump beacons from the rapid response fleets - the terran ones. Before 2.0 I always seemed to see them show up, but since then not even once. Come to think of it, not even the teladi rapid response ships aren't coming to the rescue in the great exchange and there always seem to be some xenons wreaking havoc unchallenged there, when before the RRFs would stomp them pretty fast.
Also about the beacons, do you know if they allow you to jump in terran sectors that don't have the regular jump gates?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I thought there was some changes to the rapid response ships - maybe they removed jump-beacons from them? It did seem a bit crazy - especially cos of their price too.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

No, it's not about the beacons not being inside, it's the ships alltogether, I can't seem to find them anymore. I even attacked the terran sectors in force with a few capital ships and corvettes to try and make them react, but nothing. Thing is, I saw some split RRF ships a couple of days ago in some sector and just out of curiosity I scanned the 2 big ones and one had a beacon in it's cargo bay. But I wasn't in the mood or shape to fight them, and I'm not at war with the split yet anyway.
But now, hell I'll risk it, if I find some RRF ships with beacons on board I'll toast the whole system if I have to. Thing is, I just need to find the RR fleets first..

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

there is a thread on the egosoft forums about this. LV (creator of RRF) was looking at the script and found that it became bugged in 2.0.

AP 2.0 RRF Thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=318785 - Recommend reading entire thread.

AP 2.0 Obtaining Jump Beacons: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=318848

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks, I read through those threads and I used that modification posted there and immediatelly I had a terran RRF jump right on top of my Hyperion and Cobra, lol. I jumped the cobra to the other gate in the sector, scanned the capital ships, chose a target for capping and destroyed the rest with hammer torpedos from a distance.
Capped my self an Osaka with a jump beacon in it. Thanks again for the link.

You need to log-in to post here.