Most disliked race

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Most disliked race

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Er..... this has a ring to battlestar me thinks...

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

They are not meerly machines, they are thinking AI, they easily could have a bug in which they consider themselves superior in tech and numbers when often they are not.
- helfenbein

Well, not really. The Xenon that you encounter and fight in the game are the descendants of the the second terraforming fleet, and aren't said to be self aware, but have merely been the victims of goal drift. Such is the problem with Von Neumann machines. They're not thinking, but are carrying out programming that has changed from its original design.

To my knowledge, there have only been two self aware machines in the X universe, both of which were TF/CPU ships from the second fleet. #efaa and #deff managed to escape the self destruct command issued by Terrans by fleeing through the jump gate (#deff was stolen actually). One was later destroyed, and the other was virtualised into the ancients presence cloud, thereby gaining a kind of immortality.

*Edit*
This stuff is all in the encyclopaedia. If someone can think of a good place, I can upload it and then post a link. Here's the entry on #efaa and #deff.

TF/CPU #efaa and #deff
TF/CPU #efaa was a member of the Second Fleet and was therefore a true Terraformer.
Christened "Eva" by his designers, in 2115 it receives a corrupted version of the software update carrying the SSD command: as a result of the data corruption, #efaa did not install the patch.
It was at this point that the centuries-long conflict between organic lifeforms and the machines began which would come to a conclusion only when the AGI-core-equipped units began to achieve full sentience.
#efaa fled from the Community of Planets together with TF/CPU #deff with the intention of reaching the Ancient's presence cloud. Although #deff would be destroyed by Yoshiko Nehla, #efaa ultimately achieved its goal and was virtualised by the cloud to exist for ever.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.