A fun kill mission

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » A fun kill mission

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well the mission didnt finish when leaving the sector, however it did seem to finish early for some reason. I revisited the sector like the 5-6 time and started attacking the smaller craft, when for no reason it told me to move onto the next sector. Probably a good thing, as I dont have the fire-power to take on those ships atm. However it might be worth looking for more of these missions when I do have the fire-power.
- Roguey

I think it is a feature in case you don't have the firepower. It will automatically move to the next part of the mission when you leave and re-enter the system from my experience.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well looking at that as a mission and now i have a new missle fab of Firestorm and Hammer heavy missles.

I used yesterday a flail of Hammers on a J flippin ECK!! 97% hull left on it with 1 Hammer Flail !!

Bloody Hard hitting !! and FUN

Sniper

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Just had a similar mission.
By the end I had killed around 50 Xenon ships of all descriptions and claimed a reward of 3,000,000Cr. 3 Ls and an N, according to the graphs 8 had actually bailed but only the 4 seemed to have survived.
I also seem to have gained an Argon rank (Confirmed Insurgent) so most of them are blue.
Picture

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

:eek 3 billion reward? nice!

Well im just starting to build a complex for my M7M (the complex is under construction). Hopefully after I should be able to do some heavy damage with flails and hammers. oohh. and board a few ships too Smile

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

3 Million, a billion has a couple of extra zeroes.
Had to switch ships a few times, the Woden deals well with Qs and Ns but I much prefer the Spit for Ls and Ms. Takes me back to the Reunion dogfights...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

lol, whoops Smile

I wonder if 3 billion is actually possible to get from a kill mission... hmm..

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess it is possible, but you would need and endless stream of enemies. M1 and M2 can give up to half a million credits bonus in a mission. If each Large capitol gave half a million, you would need to destroy 6000 if the buggers!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I wonder how many ships spawn in once you reach he x-treme rank. I guess it would be a few, although you could get more with multi-able missions too.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I wonder how many ships spawn in once you reach he x-treme rank. I guess it would be a few, although you could get more with multi-able missions too.
- Roguey

What's a multi-able mission?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

When you get a couple of patrol missions for the same sector.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

If you get Pirates and cap a Carrack does the ship disappear or is that another mission?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I would of thought it be fine. You might get problems if you try to board a assassinate mission although.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

lol, whoops Smile

I wonder if 3 billion is actually possible to get from a kill mission... hmm..
- Roguey

Probably not. Egosoft seems to still be using 32 bit integers, which usually only allows +/- 2.147 billion, and to avoid cutting it close, Egosoft usually limits to 2 billion even.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Probably not. Egosoft seems to still be using 32 bit integers, which usually only allows +/- 2.147 billion, and to avoid cutting it close, Egosoft usually limits to 2 billion even.
- PuppyOfWar

AP actually changed the playet limit to 2,000,000,000,000,000,000 Credits, but you are right that individual transactions are limited to 2 billion.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Had a Patrol from Eighteen Billion to Scale Plate Green, taking in the scenery of X347 en route.
347 was over a little too quickly for my tastes but there was a significant Teladi military presence keeping the locals numbers in check. I managed to bag a pair of Ms so I'm just missing an LX now.
It all got rather more interesting in Scale Plate Green as there no military to assist against the Xenon but plenty of red pirates including a base with laser towers (started with 5, ended with 1) A stray salvo of PSP turned a flower farm red which then attracted the rest of my Woden's turrets dropping me a rank.
The final reward was over 10,000,000 Cr. Wink

« 1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.