Posted 12 years ago.

Not much a clean bog roll wouldn't help with Big Grin

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

So where do we send the flowers?

That is a hell of a way to start your day! Read

Good luck....looks like you're going to need it.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I like that mission. It looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

i got a mission like that once,well lets say it didint end well for me lol,didint have the fleet to fight that.

im guessing this is you're 2.0 patch game you started???if so whats youre fleet looking like so far?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well the mission doesnt look like its going away, so maybe I can rack a few million credits? Ill have to see how it goes. I do think I need a better ship than my M7 to do it however.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

If you have a good missile load-out, you could do fine.
Tempest (1) for M4's, a pair of Thunderbolts for each M5 will get those out of the way..
Might need 3 missiles for the LX's. Can remember, it's been awhile since I've had to battle those.

The Hornets (3) should make short work of the PX's.

For the Big Boys...well Typhoons, Firestorms, and Hammerheads are about the only thing that would help.

Too bad you don't have a M7M with you...like an Aquilo. Those seem specially made for nailing those nasty capitals.
Completely loaded with Flails and Hammer Heavy missiles! Yeah.... Dance

I know you didn't use to work that much with missiles...but a mission like calls for them.

Best of luck...let us know how it goes.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Your text goes here..
Well the mission doesnt look like its going away, so maybe I can rack a few million credits? Ill have to see how it goes. I do think I need a better ship than my M7 to do it however.
- Roguey

Another option is to jump out and come back later. The mission will automatically end ehen you re-enter the system.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Your Griffon should be more than capable of handling that lot Roguey. Just load her up with ~200 typhoons for the capitals, then let your flack cannons deal with the fighters. Easy money Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Erm.. well are you guys are saying that a load of typhoons can take care of two I's, 1 K and about 4 Q's? If so, ill have look for some although if I cant seem to find them in large numbers, is it worth making a new complex for them?

The mission seems to stayed, so I can exit/return the sector any-time I wish and carry on.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Erm.. well are you guys are saying that a load of typhoons can take care of two I's, 1 K and about 4 Q's? If so, ill have look for some although if I cant seem to find them in large numbers, is it worth making a new complex for them?

The mission seems to stayed, so I can exit/return the sector any-time I wish and carry on.
- Roguey

For me at least, when I leave a sector and don't come back for a while, the mission will complete when I return to the proper sector without killing anything.

A M7M would make short work of everything, but it may need to reload.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

- Roguey

Typhoons are definitely worth building a complex for, if you're the kind of player who likes to handle large threats from a distance! Big grin I normally fire 5 for every GJ of shielding the target has. A bit of overkill, but it guarantees the job gets done. So my estimate of ~200 would wipe out all those capitals reasonably quickly. You'd need to individually bracket them and launch, but it still saves all the running away when your shields take a beating!

Question: Do Typhoons auto-retarget in AP? Like Tempests/Hammers/Flails do? I'm sure they're supposed to in TC but they never have for me. Anyone know?

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

You know, strangely enough I got a similar mission in a xenon sector like that. But there were only a few ships that got highlighted. Once those were dead it completed. But as you figured out its not exactly easy to get those few ships in there lol. I like those patrols through xenon sectors in TC too.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ill have to look into building a Typhoons complex then, although money has been rather low after the building of complex 2 and the boarding of a Aran (only had 13% hull). My money needs some time to rebuild for another complex, however the quest seem to stay.

And yea I remmeber some these patrols in X3TC Xenon space, although there wasnt a Xenon I in X3TC!

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Did the mission end when you reentered the Xenon sector? If not, you could get some pretty large bounties for it. If it did, at least you get some rep points.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well the mission didnt finish when leaving the sector, however it did seem to finish early for some reason. I revisited the sector like the 5-6 time and started attacking the smaller craft, when for no reason it told me to move onto the next sector. Probably a good thing, as I dont have the fire-power to take on those ships atm. However it might be worth looking for more of these missions when I do have the fire-power.

1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.