Mists Of Elysium Mystery

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Mists Of Elysium Mystery

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

So I often run across inactive gates floating around in the X-Universe. Usually I chalk this up to the firebreak that the Ancients imposed on the gate network in response to the spread of the VN Terraformers, and these inactive gates would have once linked to other regional network.

There is one gate though that really puzzles me. There's a broken inactive gate near the east gate in Mists Of Elysium and I don't know what it's doing there. I either have never noticed it before, or it's cropped up in one of the games I missed. Does anyone know the back story to this? The various web wikis that I've checked don't explain it.

Picture

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

hmmm.. good question. I did think it might be a gate that been deactivated but checking the other x-games there hasnt been any changes apart from a sector being added to the south and east. I guess in the x-history there must be a reason for that gate?

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Plenty of those broken gates around. Got one in the unknown sector where I placed my biggest complex.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I was under the impression that several gates were destroyed by the Xenon at the end of the First Xenon Conflict, some 500 odd years before TC/AP, as they were retreating beyond the known universe. Other than the one in Brennan's Triumph, which I believe was the original link to Earth according to X-universe lore, the Xenon destroyed the rest as they pulled out to prevent the Commonwealth catching them in their 'home' sectors.

There are several scripts in the ES modding forums which allow you to repair and re-align them, which can be fun Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Other than the one in Brennans Triumph, which I believe was the original link to Earth according to X-universe lore, the Xenon destroyed the rest as they pulled out to prevent the Commonwealth catching them in their home sectors.
- Kirlack

I don't think that's correct. As far as I'm aware, it's unknown which sector humanity first entered, as the reshuffling of the gate network due to our unexpected arrival changed many connections. After the realignment the sector attached to Earth was called Taurus, but I can't find any references to this being renamed Brennan's Triumph. Furthermore, after doing a bit of digging, it seems the the gate which was destroyed after Gunne was less the descendants of the Second Fleet back into the network was the gate at Earth, not the one to which it connected. Gunne only disabled the one on his side. Therefore a broken gate wouldn't be a criteria for being the one which linked to Earth, which rather ruin's my theory that it was the broken gate to the north of Heretic's End. I can't find any reference to Taurus being renamed to Brennan's Triumph, and supposedly it was about 12 jumps away from Sonra 4 (now Argon Prime), so Brennan's Triumph is too close.

So umm... yeah. The X lore is pretty vague, but that's my understanding. If you could cite any sources I'd love to have a look at them. So far investigation into this gate has yielded only more questions. Now, instead of only one gate I can't explain there are at least three... Confused

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

Brennan's Triumph was the gate that was destroyed by Gunne's Fleet (and subsequently investigated in X-BTF and X2)
The one in Heretic's End was built by the Paranid in X3R.
The one in Rhy's Crusade alledgedly went to a Kha'ak sector and was destroyed by the Split.
The deactivated gates are in Family Njy, Zyarth's Dominion, and Ocean of Fantasy.
There are deactivated gates in Twisted Skies and Ceo's Wellspring to prevent a Xenon migration route forming.
The Broken Gates in Mists of Elysium, Belt of Aguilar and the Unknown Sector beyond Getsu Fune aren't explained as far as I'm aware.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 12 years ago.

i think the inactive gates are for X:Reberth because if you watch the trailers for it the new gates look just like these

You need to log-in to post here.