Xenon station bashing

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Xenon station bashing

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

so last night i had nothing to do,so i decided to take my new ray out for a test drive in some xenon sectors,so i jump to xenon sector 597 i get greeted by a Q and J nice little fight kill them no hull damage all is good,then i roam around and i look at there preatty staion and say to myself it would be fun to blow it up and i have just the ships for the job,so i call in my 2 auster hauler's and have them unload there full payload of 70 tomahawk's on that station,oh what a preatty sight it was so i took a screen and decided to share.

Picture

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

thanks for sharing, always interesting reading what other x-players are doing.

was 70 Tomahawk's over-kill?

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I had decided to increase my fight rank about a week ago (the last time I was able to play the game unfortunately), so I decided to clear out Xenon Core. I took my Cobra, along with a Hyperion to pick up loot, and my Guppy for resupply. I killed all ships in the sector, and destroyed the regular station. Unfortunately I ran out of missiles before I could destroy the ship yard, but it is down to approximately 1/3 hull if I want to finish the job. (I went through 850 flails and 560 hammers, which is the ammount I carry with me during boarding ops) I was successful in increasing my fight rank by one however.

That is a very nice picture. I do like the visuals in this game, and you did a good job of capturing that one. If you have any more good action shots like that I would love to see them.

EDIT: I do have a question about the bombers. I haven't used them mostly because I need to store quite a bit of missiles and jump fuel to get them where I need them to be. If I could get them to jump in via a carrier I could see them being much more useful, but perhaps it isn't that much of an issue. Maybe they don't use much jump fuel, or Tomahawks don't take up that much space? I would just like to have a bomber carrier to have a group of them for station bashing. As it is M7M's work fine for that, so it isn't really needed, but I like the idea of the glass cannon bombers. I would actually like them to replace M7M's as long as a carrier can bring them in and out of the battlefield (even if it was a specialized bomber class carrier, in fact I would prefer it that way)

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

was 70 Tomahawks over-kill?
- Roguey

i had 2 M8 with 70 tomahawks each and no it was not overkill the staion has 40 mil shield and 40 mil hull so in all it take 128 tomahawks to kill a station.

EDIT: I do have a question about the bombers. I havent used them mostly because I need to store quite a bit of missiles and jump fuel to get them where I need them to be. If I could get them to jump in via a carrier I could see them being much more useful, but perhaps it isnt that much of an issue. Maybe they dont use much jump fuel, or Tomahawks dont take up that much space? I would just like to have a bomber carrier to have a group of them for station bashing. As it is M7Ms work fine for that, so it isnt really needed, but I like the idea of the glass cannon bombers. I would actually like them to replace M7Ms as long as a carrier can bring them in and out of the battlefield (even if it was a specialized bomber class carrier, in fact I would prefer it that way)
- martimus

well they can't dock in a normal carrier but they can in the aran,but they dont use alot of fuel for jumps about the same as M6 so 10 energy cells per system and the auster hauler has 1250 cargo space i give it 691 energy cells and 80 tomahawk missiles + its 3 200 MJ sheilds and back turret they can kill alot with all that and then jump out.

an M7M is better close range the M8 is more of a long range bomber,i myself like gun ships but having some bombers on hand is always good makes kill big stuff really fast like oh lets say a xenon shipyard Big Grin

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

well they cant dock in a normal carrier but they can in the aran,but they dont use alot of fuel for jumps about the same as M6 so 10 energy cells per system and the auster hauler has 1250 cargo space i give it 691 energy cells and 80 tomahawk missiles + its 3 200 MJ sheilds and back turret they can kill alot with all that and then jump out.
- Rassyu

If you have Kyoto M2+ you can dock 6 bombers with it and won't need to carry any energy on those bombers.

an M7M is better close range the M8 is more of a long range bomber,i myself like gun ships but having some bombers on hand is always good makes kill big stuff really fast like oh lets say a xenon shipyard Big Grin
- Rassyu

M7M is better at any range, Flail missile range is 58.3km, Hammer torpedo range is 75.9km while the range for the Tomahawk is only 43.1km. Additionally, M7M has 16 missile tubes (most of them do anyway) to M8's 2 tubes and the hull value for Hammer is greater than that for Tomahawk which contributes to much more effective missile barrages vs capital ships for M7M. Having said that, it is more cost effective to use M8 against stations since (most) stations have no defences.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

When taking action screen shots, Y U NO DISABLE HUD?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

M7M is better at any range, Flail missile range is 58.3km, Hammer torpedo range is 75.9km while the range for the Tomahawk is only 43.1km. Additionally, M7M has 16 missile tubes (most of them do anyway) to M8s 2 tubes and the hull value for Hammer is greater than that for Tomahawk which contributes to much more effective missile barrages vs capital ships for M7M. Having said that, it is more cost effective to use M8 against stations since (most) stations have no defences.
- Anticitizen1

you misunderstod me M8 lack good deffensive stats and having them at close range is alot more risky than a M7M.

When taking action screen shots, Y U NO DISABLE HUD?
- Seygantte

i simply forgot to turn my HUD off will try to think about it next time.

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

you misunderstod me M8 lack good deffensive stats and having them at close range is alot more risky than a M7M.
- Rassyu

I concur Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

If you have Kyoto M2+ you can dock 6 bombers with it and won't need to carry any energy on those bombers.
- Anticitizen1

I guess you can do the same thing with a Aran too - although with the Aran you should be able to dock 29 x M8's.. Now that would be funny!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Lol, 29 bombers + 1 Carrier and you should be able to lay waste to pretty much everything in several sectors! Big grin

Where do I sign up? :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Lol, 29 bombers + 1 Carrier and you should be able to lay waste to pretty much everything in several sectors! Big grin
- Kirlack

Well technically that carrier could be another Aran (with another 29 bombers)...

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well technically that carrier could be another Aran (with another 29 bombers)...
- Roguey

You just found me a use for the Aran. Too bad it is so slow, but I do have a jump beacon I can drop, and it has enough shields to jump directly into an engagement while the bombers clear out the enemy.

Unfortunately my chip complex was too effective and the Terrans like me now. I now only have the Xenon and ATF as enemies and neither of them put together much in the way of fleets.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Unfortunately my chip complex was too effective and the Terrans like me now. I now only have the Xenon and ATF as enemies and neither of them put together much in the way of fleets.
- martimus

If it's a Boron chip plant you could call it "fish and chips".

If you are looking for ways to arouse hostility, perhaps I may be of assistance....

1) Kidnap a few daughters of high ranking officials and sell them to pirate bases as sex slaves.

2) Create your own laser light show with 50 laser towers set to 'Terran - enemy' in one of their sectors.

3) Engage in 'joint exercises' in which their military vessels serve as a proving ground for new marine training techniques.

4) Bofu their docking ports. They really hate that stuff.

5) Drop a load of spacefuel, surround with squash mines, advertise 'special sale free whiskey'.

6) Declare war on Luxembourg.

7) Send a Dolphin loaded with nuclear waste to burn up in their planet's atmosphere. For my taste, a TL is too expensive a piece of '---- you' to sacrifice for mere relations adjustments.

If you implement the suggestions above, the Terrans should dislike you intensely in no time.

Cool station assault screenshot btw.

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

- PuppyOfWar

please do tell,how do you bofu one's docking port???rather curious on how you do this puppy Wink .

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

please do tell,how do you bofu one's docking port???rather curious on how you do this puppy Wink .
- Rassyu

It's rather similar in concept to "toilet papering" someone's house/yard. You just make a mess of it all over in the docking area. Best way is to rig a few bofu containers with small timed explosive charges, and then "forget" to load them onboard.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

1) Kidnap a few daughters of high ranking officials and sell them to pirate bases as sex slaves.

2) Create your own laser light show with 50 laser towers set to 'Terran - enemy' in one of their sectors.

3) Engage in 'joint exercises' in which their military vessels serve as a proving ground for new marine training techniques.

5) Drop a load of spacefuel, surround with squash mines, advertise 'special sale free whiskey'.

6) Declare war on Luxembourg.

7) Send a Dolphin loaded with nuclear waste to burn up in their planet's atmosphere. For my taste, a TL is too expensive a piece of '---- you' to sacrifice for mere relations adjustments.
- PuppyOfWar

I hope this is a joke, otherwise I know less about this game than I thought I did....

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.