Osaka boarding issue

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Osaka boarding issue

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes, it's a mod that allows the repair laser you have on the eva suit to be mounted on some ships.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes, it's a mod that allows the repair laser you have on the eva suit to be mounted on some ships.
- dutzan

I'm guessing it gives you a *modified tag then. :/

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Probably, not like it means anything to me though.

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

As far as I know you cannot board Terran ships with either Hull Polarization or Adwanced Firewall installed even if you have marines that are at 100% in every skill. So you have to do one of two things: either scout the terran sector before any boarding or put ID's on your Gryphon (best ship for the job given it's tiny size, shields and the fact that it can mount ID's in every turret) and fry the target ship until those upgrades are destroyed.

Personally I prefer the first option, I would jump in with my Gryphon, fly out of it in the Kestrel and cargo scan every Terran cap in the sector. Once I find one without AF and HP it's just a standard boarding procedure.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

True, you should really scan your boarding targets before trying although its easy to forget to do that.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

True, you should really scan your boarding targets before trying although its easy to forget to do that.
- Roguey

It is hard to scan from 20 km away. I just try to take it and if I bounce off the hull or get denied by the computer, I will just reload an earlier save and blow it up.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess it depends how much you want the ship :p

I usually spend ages trying to board it, then realise that I cant Cry

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Evening Guys

Interesting find yesterday...

I went to Earth to find any lonely Terran Ships and there was another Kyoto this time flying around i went to cap him and again landed and once again started cutting then the usual cant cut through and bailed.

reloaded tried again failed tried 6 times only all failed.. of course i always try 100% hull and this time thought well IF i lose hull i can also lose SETA, jump drive, etc etc etc.

so i though with the Terran having hull polarisation i thought keep battering the hull i went down to 80 % try to board failed, then 60% failed, 40% failed, 20% SUCCESS !!! & 24 PSP's !!!

cost me a bucket load to repair but now prepared for more of the buggers.

will update on this. Dance

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Are you using Ion Disruptors?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

It is hard to scan from 20 km away. I just try to take it and if I bounce off the hull or get denied by the computer, I will just reload an earlier save and blow it up.
- martimus

That's why I use Kestrel to do the scanning, you can get in close and scan with little chance of getting hit, I find it is more time efficient than finding out the hard way that the target has those upgrades. Also, it seems that Terran ships have higher change of having those upgrades installed.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

no not using ion disprutors

i have my cobra and hyperion i stay well away 20km and hit them with missiles.

thats all. !!

never worry about what they have on board hull polorization etc.

i have 150 fully trained marines and having just checked i have a total of 500 marines in training or trained.

Anticitizen1

Anticitizen1 avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 12 years ago.

Like I said, in my experience it takes more of your time to find out the target has HP and/or AF the hard way than to go in on a fast mover and scan every capital ship in the system. And you will never get hit if you stay between 2km (flak range) and 4 km (scan range) from the target.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I normally do a suicidal scan before trying to board the ship - usually a M7M can survive enough to scan the ship. Once scanned I usually reload, then decide whether to board it or not.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I normally do a suicidal scan before trying to board the ship - usually a M7M can survive enough to scan the ship. Once scanned I usually reload, then decide whether to board it or not.
- Roguey

Load-save abuse FTW.

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.