Osaka boarding issue

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Osaka boarding issue

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi guys

as you know by now i can board most things i have 2 xenon I,3 J's ,3 Q's, 1 K.

plenty of brigantines (45 plus),10 galleons and 1 kyoto.

today i went to earth and found a RRF Osaka on its own so thought nice have not got one will take it so brought my cobra with 20 marines in it (100 everything including fighting which is 100%)i now have 120 fully trained marines) and counting.

just to make it clear

20 marines

100% fighting
100% mechanical
100% engineering
100% hacking

took its shield down to 1 % sent my marines threw a few flails to keep him busy.

my marines got to ship start cutting and constantly (30 reloads plus) including trying from firing off my marines from cobra constant fail cutting through hull WTF.

yes i know about hull polorisation and should take longer but i have cut though hull polorisation hulls before without this problem.

NEVER had this before they wont cut through ???

i'm at a loss.

I can normally get some through the hull before losing marines but this just wont go through is it a bug ?

UPDATE:

exact words the hull cannot be penetrated

THIS WAS A RRF OSAKA IN EARTH SECTOR and tried another RRF OSAKA in Uranus 2 Same thing.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess it must be one of them ships which is impossible to board. It happens sometimes - its just best to find another target. This is why I suggest you should save before trying any boarding.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Saving has always been my saviour Roguey supporter

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

Saving has always been my saviour Roguey supporter

- suzukigsxr

Load-save abuse FTW! I am the artiste of the awesomely improbable. Nothing like stringing back to back improbable events to achieve an incredibly unlikely conclusion.

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

I know the feeling, I'm saved in front of an Aran in a Xenon free sector.
(I fried my Triplex and Transporter getting here) it's 120+ km below the ecliptic.
I can get my marines to the hacking stage before they jump ship after 20 mins of frying it with a repair laser before launching pods and zapping it whilst the boarding is in progress... 30mins of frying coming up for the next attempt... Thank the postie for rubber bands... Toetap

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Definately a no-go have loaded over 100times will not get passed the HULL!! Poke Bash the wall Bash the wall Bash the wall

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Terran ships with Hull Polarization can be nearly impossible to board. Sometimes you get lucky and the RNG will let enough groups of 5 in to take it, but usually you just need to blow it ip amd try again on a new ship.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

martimus totally agree

i tried my xenon i capping with 28 marines no-go.send 20 and then 8 no go. send 30 no -go.

damn them !! Hammer Hammer Bash the wall Bash the wall

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

The reason why its always good idea to save before you do any actual boarding - even when everything should be okay, boarding ops can go wrong for the oddness reasons. I wouldnt try 100 times personally, just 10-20 max.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

yeh thanks for the advise roguey afterwards Big grin

just thought it was me being rubbish Big grin

i'll take your advice next time though Roguey supporter

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

This is why I recently spent 3mil on salvage insurance. I'm paranoid.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't know how much i've spent on salvage insurance but it equates to 10,000 saves !!

I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS save in first slot before i do a boarding in another sector and then use approx 4-7 slots for each part of boarding.

its for my sanity you understand Big grin

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh and on the subject of saves i have 3.3 billion credits.

does anyone want to work out how many saves i could have Flame

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh and on the subject of saves i have 3.3 billion credits.

does anyone want to work out how many saves i could have Flame
- suzukigsxr

1.1 million saves.

I bought 3000 salvage insurances and still have over 2000 left. I dont play anymore, but salvage insurance is cheap enough to buy in bulk late game.

dutzan

dutzan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Isn't it possible to destroy the hull polarisation? I remember when I first capped a Kyoto my marines were not so good and my technique was not well rehearsed. So I decided to "prepare" my target to give full chances of capture. My first concern was that I couldn't get both my boarding pods carrying the best marines I had to the target. So I figured I should try to disable what I could, first I danced around it until it consummed all it's matter/antimatter ammo then got under it with my Griffon and kept zapping it with those disruptor things. Eventually it started losing the lasers as I checked it's cargo bay from time to time. I think they also loose equipment like internal lasers/firewall/polarised hull like this.
Another way I have to cause that would be to significantly damage it's hull then repair it quickly with my combat engineer corvette (centaur loaded with repair lasers and a tractor beam).

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Another way I have to cause that would be to significantly damage it's hull then repair it quickly with my combat engineer corvette (centaur loaded with repair lasers and a tractor beam).
- dutzan

Wait... what? Repair lasers? Are we still talking vanilla or is this a mod?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.