Forgotten Osaka Problem now building Fleet :D

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Forgotten Osaka Problem now building Fleet :D

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Well as Title States

I walked away from those damn osaka's quite miffed could not cap them, with all the effort and time i put in 4 hours constant reloads.

decided to pop back to black hole sun to lick my wounds got over it, went and capped a pirate galleon without blinking good to know capping still works and i was not totally rubbish Big grin in Hatikvahs Faith.

so once complete was running seta to get everyone to there places my cobra back in black hole sun ,my flail ship to replenish cobra with pods and flails, my other ship to replenish cobra with hammers and energy cells.

I then decide to have a look in Xenon sector 101 and guess what another Xenon I for the taking anyway long and short of it capped it with 26 psp plus extra lost 4 marines.

went back to black hole sun to replenish my Ecells and cobras missles. then get a message there was aggro in thynns abyss a check in universal map and the was 20 L's many M's and Another Xenon I the last time i saw a Xenon I coming out of Xenon Sector 472 was after patch 2.0

and it was rampaging with another Xenon I north clearing everything out its way.

so jumped in again with 28 marines and now its mine lost 4 marines.

and a boat load of goodies 26 psp included (see photo included)

no longer care about the osakas Big Grin

the lefthand side Xenon I was last on capped which is why its got not shields.

Picture

WHO NEEDS OSAKA'S Banana skipping rope Banana skipping rope

Rassyu

Rassyu avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

gratz on the 2 I's.i just got my first one this week but i reversed engenired it and built one :p

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

That's a lot of fire-power! Your making it sound easy to capture I's.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Awesome! You are making me want to play the game again. Maybe I will go board another I tonight.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

its not easy when i capped Xenon I in Xenon sector 101 the bugger was determined to take me out with missiles walked away with no arms,no legs and 26% hull.

as usual they throw alot of missles at you and i don't take mosquitos to take them out (takes up space) need space for lots of flails and hammers.

Had PBE's on back normally works but too many missiles to cope now changed them for PAC's. will see if makes any difference.

Rambo Rambo Rambo Rambo

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

its not easy when i capped Xenon I in Xenon sector 101 the bugger was determined to take me out with missiles walked away with no arms,no legs and 26% hull.

as usual they throw alot of missles at you and i don't take mosquitos to take them out (takes up space) need space for lots of flails and hammers.

Had PBE's on back normally works but too many missiles to cope now changed them for PAC's. will see if makes any difference.

Rambo Rambo Rambo Rambo
- suzukigsxr

Flails work fine against the Firestorms, although I relied on my FAAs in the back to take out the Hornets.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

It wasn't hornets but firestorms Sniper

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Its gone from one extreme to another with missiles. Before they didnt have much importance in battle, to now being one of the most annoying things. I think I finding wasps being quite good for anti-missile.

I never found the option to use mosquitos for missile defence - is it another thing from the bonus pack?

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes they are normally used with traders and CAGs

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

I never found the option to use mosquitos for missile defence - is it another thing from the bonus pack?
- Roguey

Yep. You need also need Fight Command Software Mk1 & Mk2, and have mosquitos on board the ship. The command can be enabled by going to "additional ship commands" like you find the trade blacklist. There's also a convoy option where one ship can protect many, but I've not quite figured out how to work that yet.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

It wasn't hornets but firestorms Sniper
- suzukigsxr

Firestorms have a larger blast radius than PBEs have range. Tbe Cobra can fit Flak Artillery Arrays in the rear turret, which are even better at antimissile than PBEs, so I suggest those. I always fired a flail at all incoming Firestorms. That is plenty to destroy it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ive always used flaks in the back of the cobra. I always found flaks great for missile defence and taking care light crafts. I never liked cluster flaks (dont seem to hit anything), so I use flak on capitals too for anti-missile/fighter as well.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Interesting story:
First time I got a cobra and was equipping it, I put flaks in the rear turrets and because I'd never seen them fire before I took manual control and shot at a passing TL.

Bam, BSoD.

Needless to say I did some driver updates....

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Further update same thing happened again today capped another 2 I on Trott.

went into xenon Sector capped another Xenon I (5 I's) went to replenish missles got another alert in thynns abyss another I so capped that will post a another picture of 6 I's when i have a big enough sector for them all.:D

and i also today got another Jump Beacon (3).

the JB was in a teladi M7.

i have JB for my springy my normal flying ship.

1 JB for my hyperion with 100 wraith missles on board to blow stuff up like J's and pirate brigatines (can't board them all !!):D

1 JB for cobra.

the Teladi M7 was difficult is had the same stuff my cobra has flails and hammers and used them against me how dare he Big grin.!!

WTF!!!

took me over an hour to cap him.

now whatever ship i am flying i can call reinforcements in errr... like 6 Xenon I's Flame

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Further Update collected another 3 Xenon I's

I now have a collection of 9 Xenon I's Photo to be posted soon.

also got myself another JB Total of 4.

Which is cool

1 for my springblossom.
1 for my hyperion.
1 Cobra.
1 Agamemnon.

Banana music Banana music Banana music Banana music

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

wow, 9 x Xenon I's? sounds like you got more of an army than they do! I guess all of them are equipped?

1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.