Overtuning Issue

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Overtuning Issue

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

So, like many others, I've been overtuning my Hyperion player ship with pandora boxes. At first the rate at which I was finding them was pretty good, and I've overtuned it to 202m/s, but now the boxes seem to have stopped spawning. Do they not spawn if the ship you're jumping in with has reached a certain amount of overtunes, or am I just in a dry patch?

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't know how it works in AP, but in Reunion there are only 4 speed and 4 rudder tunings to be found, in total.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well that's a shame. A post I once saw on the ES forums led me to believe there wasn't a limit. Looks like I have no reason to ufjd ever again, then xD

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Also, I should mention that the speeds predicted by the ships page aren't accurate. With 5 crates, the site predicted that the Hyperion will reach 203.1m/s, but in actuality it tops out at 202.9m/s. It's not a big discrepancy, but it means that something has gone awry.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

The slight inaccuracy is probably due to some rounding issues, some of the numbers can get very long. I doubt your notice the difference between 203.1ms and 202.9m/s. Well hopefully that should be the problem.

as for the crates, where are you finding them? When X3AP makes a game it places 8 random boxes, between 1-5 tunings. There are supposed to be crates in the UFJD unknown sectors, but ive never seen any.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

as for the crates, where are you finding them? When X3AP makes a game it places 8 random boxes, between 1-5 tunings. There are supposed to be crates in the UFJD unknown sectors, but ive never seen any.
- Roguey

I've been finding them in UFJD sectors. Rudder optimisation needs you to lay down an adv satellite (or be within like 1km) but engine tunings can be spotted by this ships scanner. I've been just jumping in, and then ordering my two docked fighters to map the sector. Usually they'll be a fair way away from the origin, the furthest one out I found being at around (-21000,129000,32000). I've just checked my ship specs, and it seems that I've found so far 5 engine tunings and 9 rudder optimisations, so that blows away the 8 boxes total thing. I shall keep trying for a little while, and maybe try with my Cobra before I give up.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ah I understand now. I sort-if tried finding some but after finding none for ages I kind-of gave up.

You need to log-in to post here.