Posted 11 years ago.

@leko I think your over analysing things Smile

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

@leko I think your over analysing things Smile
- Roguey

Hi, the best sf-stories and games come from people that look deep into everything to get the most out of it, and if x-devs would have done it, the game would be much more fluent.

CU, leko

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess thats true, I do feel the x-games have turned into more of a quantity than quality. ie. rather than have 10 unique ships (each with a sole-unique purpose), we have 50 of the same class which basically do all similar things. I guess maybe explains why the races dont seam too unique any-more.

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess thats true, I do feel the x-games have turned into more of a quantity than quality. ie. rather than have 10 unique ships (each with a sole-unique purpose), we have 50 of the same class which basically do all similar things. I guess maybe explains why the races dont seam too unique any-more.
- Roguey

Hi, R,

Yeah, that is a shame ! Like Starcraft : completely different races, different ways of approaching things! In X Xenon is just another picture, no more ! In most games scenarios are interesting, not in X, Argon plot: Easy, nothing really happens, difficult means a tedious search for goods, ships that should be available. What me disturbs the most : No real end, in other games you have the campaigns and later you can play your own set-up battles.
None of this in X ! The reason I mod to be able to set my own goal, overtake a race, races, the map, whatever.
X - races do never die, I took over the Yaki sectors but they keep spawning (I think people are right, there are other universes, that's where they come from). The game nearly ends when you have your own HQ, where it should start ! I really like C&C, Settlers and so on.
One thing : you should be able to build your own ship, choose model, adapt it limited by "building points" to your own wishes.
You are right, all those ship models, most of them useless, even "classes"
Fighters ? Tried to use them (M3,4,5) in a big fleet, but as they do not survive and it is nerving to re-buy, re-equip, re-setup individually I use drones now, and have some "for personal use".
Docking: ALL SPACE SHIPS can dock at each-other! Even Russian , Chinese, US, European !
And all ships should be able to dock at stations! fi: one external dock for capitals.

I am testing trade now, soooo tedious, my traders always take a break somewhere ! I restart them, okay , they go but for how long ?

Whatever I test out gets me to "adapt" things, because nothing is reliable, a pity! Without adaption it stays to much a personal shooter, like most of players use it for : take one good ship, cap, kill, ... .
I like more of an intellectual challenge ! Rebirth ? Doubt it, looking at the history of x.

I already managed asteroids, rocks and stations not to re-spawn where I do not want them to, turrets work fine, drones work fine, the rest will follow, so I am happy with "my" AP!

CU, leko

« 1 2 3

You need to log-in to post here.