Them Argonz have it out for me.

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Them Argonz have it out for me.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Aight, well this is my first forum post, so bear with me...
Ok, I'll start by saying Im using argon peacekeeper start, finished both PHQ and Main plot in the game and an rank Hero of the Federation 6%. So heres what happened. I was flying around in my Capped Hyperion (first capped M6) and I came across a lonely pirate Ospery and thought to myself "Hmmm, I just spent all the money I had on the PHQ, so I could use this ship for some quick profit. So, I plesently capped my second M6 ever. it had 20% hull, and no shields. After realising that my Hyperion didnt have the usual amount of fighters ( i had 0) because I just RE'd my kestral (didn't know it destoried the ship) and my Ammon ( figured it out that time) so I sent my shiny ( if you can call it that) new ospery to the nearest Military base in Black hole sun until I could grab a spare jumpdrive to ship (no pun intended) it out to Grand Exchange or some other adiquite ship yard. So as I'm grabing an extra disco for a jumpdrive I get a message "one of your ships in under attack, Black Hole Sun" So I quick jump there in order to attempt to save my new prize, but to no avail. I get there and its gone. So I reload at the shipyard and imidettly jump to black hole sun to see whats going on and No xenon as,which was what I suspected. Within 20seconds, An Argon Military Cerburus jumps through my gate and imidetly goes red and it and its bomber wings start attacking me and my ships. My first reaction is to comm him and say weapon failure which fixes it for about a hole 3 seconds, Almost imeditly, He turns red and attacks again. Realising this is pointless, I reload once more and jump to my ospery and quick give it the jumpdrive and some E-cells, and it launched to Wastelands. Then I made my escape. So... the point of this story is to ask wether anyone knows what the hell happened? any ideas....

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

Did you check your rep ?? possible you might have hit the equipment dock or something similar.

I've had a couple of times i've dropped a couple of percent without knowing it.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes I checked my rep both before and after, both times Hero of the Federation 6%

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm not 100% but I think I read something on the ES boards about player ships being attacked in war sectors by either Terran or Argon dependent on which faction you have the lowest rep with. So even though your Argon rep is high, if your Terran rep is higher, the Argon will attack you or your assets in war sectors.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well...
1. It was in Black Hole Sun
2. I'm still a Terran terrorism
so yeah, I remember reading somthing like this on the Egosoft TC forums

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 12 years ago.

Pirate Osprey, ive always wanted one of those.

I recall reading something about that. Where if you capture a ship that is being attacked by military forces they will continue to try and kill it even after you capture it. Even if they are en route to the ship in question, such as RRF being triggered or local forces are too far away to catch it before you make it leave system.

This is all from memory of a thread that may or may not actually exist. Something about an old bug, since apparently AP is a (mostly) unpatched version of TC. If i'm remembering correctly. It could be all wrong so don't take my word as gospel.

I should add that I do recall a few post about this issue in TC. Specifically the part where you need to capture that Orca for a plot and the military will move in and kill it after you board it. If you do some hardcore digging around on the egosoft forums i'm sure you can find specific information but GL finding it.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't think so bcause I caped the ship in Nathen's Voyage, and it was never attacked bynanything but me.

You need to log-in to post here.