That darned Xenon L

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » That darned Xenon L

GrimjawSix

GrimjawSix avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hey everyone

haven't found anything on here yet about this, so I'm giving it a try.
I've been hunting for an L for literally days and so far no luck.
I've been going at it with my nova prototype, downgraded centaur(PACs and PRGs as weaponry) and been very patient waiting for them to expand their missiles before attacking them.
I've been taking countless patrol, destroy xenon fleet and protect station missions in Black hole sun and scaleplate green. Lately I've been just lurking in font of the north gate of grand exchange until yesterday a f*cking J and 3 Qs came crashing through, which are still rampaging through the system, so that's off limits for now.

Any hints for taking an L? I don't really wanna cheat but I have to admit I've been considering it lately...

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

Increase your fight rank and they bail more often. Also, missiles make them bail more often than guns. Flak works the best of the guns since it is insta hit and you wont accidentally blow up a bailed ship with it like the other projectiles. Finally, the larger the ship you.use to shoot at it, the more likely the ship will bail.

I find a Cobra with Flails will make ~50% of the Ls bail at Battlemaster rank.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

And an easy place to find xenon L's without many cap ships is the xenon sector above Grand exchange, Its a big sector yet the worst I ever found was a Q, and thats because it was on it's way to attack Ge. Other then that, the previous post will be helpful as well.

GrimjawSix

GrimjawSix avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

Interesting, thanks, I had no idea the fight rank had something to do with bail rates, also I thought smaller ships and smaller guns would be better since I could bring them to lower hull strength without blowing them up. Thanks for the hints, gonna try that right now.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Have you thought about switching to Ion Disruptors? They strip of shields but have almost no hull damage, so they're excellent for persuading ships to bail. Obviously it's not 100% success rate, sometimes they will never bail regardless of how much you try. In that case you just have to move on.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
GrimjawSix

GrimjawSix avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

Thank you for that hint as well but just now an L finally bailed, it was lucky number 89, felt like more xD
Bailed from Flak fire when I was improving my split rating to buy a cobra xD
Thanks for your tips everyone!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Just of them things you need to grind a bit, even with a good fight rank and ions. Dont get too caught up with ions, as some ships will never bail.

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

I had a hard time getting an L to bail intentionally also. As it happens, I just popped in to Grand Exchange through the west gate in my Nova Prototype and there was a group of Xenon getting eaten by an RRF... I turned on the closest L and tagged it once with my HEPTs and the pilot changed his name to Gone Johnson and I got my L. I considered this purely serendipity.

Haven't been able to get another one since. Would really like to have L and LX blueprints Smile

Morg.

GrimjawSix

GrimjawSix avatar
Level badge Newguey (1)
Posted 12 years ago.

I got 3 to bail actually while flying around doing random shit, but there were always other ships/staions around so just when I thought "YES! bailed!" some random missile destroyed it T.T

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I got 3 to bail actually while flying around doing random shit, but there were always other ships/staions around so just when I thought "YES! bailed!" some random missile destroyed it T.T
- GrimjawSix

Yes, I've had the same experience countless times.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Yes, I've had the same experience countless times.
- Morgund

My Hyperions turrets always seem to be out to kill my newly caped fighters, I lost at least 7 cutlases from that. Damn Hept's

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

My Hyperions turrets always seem to be out to kill my newly caped fighters, I lost at least 7 cutlases from that. Damn Hepts
- helfenbein

I don't know if you've played with the Automatic Laser Switching or not, but it seems that it might help that situation. I have my Skiron kitted with full turret racks of HEPTs, PACs and PRGs. I chose this based on a thread I was reading over at ES earlier... The laser switching seems to be based on range, so when a pilot bailed close to my ship, the PRGs were installed and it didn't blow up. Smile

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I don't know if you've played with the Automatic Laser Switching or not, but it seems that it might help that situation. I have my Skiron kitted with full turret racks of HEPTs, PACs and PRGs. I chose this based on a thread I was reading over at ES earlier... The laser switching seems to be based on range, so when a pilot bailed close to my ship, the PRGs were installed and it didn't blow up. Smile
- Morgund

Wait, is this in vanillia?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Wait, is this in vanillia?
- helfenbein

From ES forums:

The Turret Command Configuration tools is available under the Advanced Game Settings section of the Gameplay menu, which is accessed from the Options entry on the sidebar. The menu lists the available turret commands, including three new custom ones. Selecting any one of these allows you to modify the target selection priorities and laser switching behaviour of that command. Each command can be configured individually, giving you a much greater degree of control over how your turrets behave. For example, by choosing different commands, some turrets on a large ship can be configured to perform automatic laser switching while others have this feature disabled.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Ive seen in vanilla games myself - I used to add missile defence to attack all turret commands (after-al missile defence in X3AP is quite a high prioty).

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ive seen in vanilla games myself - I used to add missile defence to attack all turret commands (after-al missile defence in X3AP is quite a high prioty).
- Roguey

I tend to leave my turrets set to the Missile Defense command as it's default priority set seems to be sufficient for my needs so far

You need to log-in to post here.