Mobile Mining Operation

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Mobile Mining Operation

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

So I've got this mobile mining operation going in Interworlds... I have my Albatross set as the homebase for the miners and they (the miners) have done a great job of filling it with the stuff...

Now the fun part...

I thought I had read somewhere on ES forums that I could use a set of Falcon Haulers to CAG stuff off the TL but it seems that CAG doesn't like using TL as a homebase, since I don't have the option for CAG. Is there a way to automate this without using a station as an intermediate storage facility?

If this has already been answered somewhere, a link would be great!

Thanks as always,
Morg.

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well it looks like the short answer is "no."

Oh well, back to manual drop-offs at the PHQ for CAG.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Actually Morgund the short answer is 'yes' Big grin You can use CLS software to achieve your goal. I'm about to go out so I can't detail it here, but I will when I get back later today Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Actually Morgund the short answer is 'yes' Big grin You can use CLS software to achieve your goal. I'm about to go out so I can't detail it here, but I will when I get back later today Smile
- Kirlack

So cruel making me read this before work. I'll be biting my nails all day awaiting your explanation and the opportunity to implement it.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

So cruel making me read this before work. Ill be biting my nails all day awaiting your explanation and the opportunity to implement it.
- Morgund

Lol, apologies mate Wink

Ok, you want to shift your minerals from your TL to...? A station? The HUB? Another ship?

All these things are possible through the CLS software.

Firstly let me refer you to this thread on the ES forums. That details all your training needs for leveling up your CLS pilots.

Then reference this thread which details how to setup your CLS pilots to aid in mobile mining.

A combination of those two guides allowed me to build massive complexes devoted to one product, crystals for instance, and ship them all over the universe for use in other, smaller complexes. I turned Barren Shores into one huge Crystal'plex, generating over 4500 excess crystals per hour, which now get siphoned off to smaller 'plexes to power the SPPs Smile

I can go into more detail if you need it, but that should at least get you started. Good luck Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Firstly let me refer you to this thread on the ES forums. That details all your training needs for leveling up your CLS pilots.
- Kirlack

This was easy. I have 10 discos running laps with "land in station" pit stops to keep a constant supply of Logisticians for CAG/CLS.

Then reference this thread which details how to setup your CLS pilots to aid in mobile mining.
- Kirlack

After a quick read of this I came away with the following concept: more links in the supply chain. Simply put; have the mobile miners loads retrieved by a CLS which dumps to the TL, then more CLS from the TL to station of choice, CAG pilots take over from there to distribute the ores to the universe?

The way I have it setup now, my mobile miners dump to the TL when full and I set them back on task manually, then jump my TL to my HQ for the drop, jump back to the mining sector to await the miners drops, rinse and repeat.

deca.deaths way is definitely more automated but takes more initial investment. A non-issue really in the long run. I just wish they'd change it so that you can run CAGs right out of the TL stock.

Oh well, I guess it's like the old saying, Shit in one hand and wish in the other and see which fills faster.

Thanks a million though, I'll start working on this when I get home.

Morg.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Your text goes here..
The way I have it setup now, my mobile miners dump to the TL when full and I set them back on task manually, then jump my TL to my HQ for the drop, jump back to the mining sector to await the miners drops, rinse and repeat.
- Morgund

When you send an order for mobile mine minerals, there ought to be an option for the volume of minerals the ship should collect. At the moment it defaults to one full cargo bay, but I think if you increase that to say, 100 loads, you won't have to reissue the order all the time. I think.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

When you send an order for mobile mine minerals, there ought to be an option for the volume of minerals the ship should collect. At the moment it defaults to one full cargo bay, but I think if you increase that to say, 100 loads, you won't have to reissue the order all the time. I think.
- Seygantte

I don't know why that never ocurred to me. I'll have to give it a try.

You need to log-in to post here.