Terran Maccana

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Terran Maccana

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm just wondering, Does this little ship have fighter hangers (M5-M3) Or enlarged Hangers, (M5,M4,M3,M6,M8,Ts,Tp,Tm)?

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Looks to be fighters only on this one.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

The Guppy and Ariande are the only 2 M7Cs with a spot to dock larger ships.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks, Thats a bit pointless.

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

No, what's pointless is that you can't dock TS/TP on a TL, or use CAG to offload a TL. That's pointless.

/rant off.

Morg.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I just use 40 freight drones.

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm wanting a more automated solution than that.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

No, what's pointless is that you can't dock TS/TP on a TL, or use CAG to offload a TL. That's pointless.
- Morgund

I'm pretty sure it used to be like that, and then was removed in either X3R or X3TC. There was quite a hubbub about it on the ES forums. To this day I don't think I've seen a reasonable explanation as to why. Some claimed that the ability to pack a TL full of mistrals was overpowered, but I think that's bogus.

I will not be bothering with mobile mining for this very reason, until my second Aran has been built.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

No, what's pointless is that you can't dock TS/TP on a TL, or use CAG to offload a TL.
- Morgund

I remember awhile back in X3 I allowed TS ships to dock at TL's, but there was a problem... the TS ships where physically too big to fit through the hanger doors.
:bricks

Morgund

Morgund avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I remember awhile back in X3 I allowed TS ships to dock at TL's, but there was a problem... the TS ships where physically too big to fit through the hanger doors.
:bricks
- Roguey

That's nothing a plasma cutter can't fix.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm pretty sure it used to be like that, and then was removed in either X3R or X3TC. There was quite a hubbub about it on the ES forums. To this day I don't think I've seen a reasonable explanation as to why. Some claimed that the ability to pack a TL full of mistrals was overpowered, but I think that's bogus.

I will not be bothering with mobile mining for this very reason, until my second Aran has been built.
- Seygantte

They could always just allow a single TS to dock externally like they do with M7Cs.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

They could always just allow a single TS to dock externally like they do with M7Cs.
- martimus

Ah, I did not know that M7Cs had that feature. I recently snagged myself a panther raider, but I haven't played around with it yet.

If that capability was added to TLs, it would indeed make them, in my eyes, feasible for mobile mining. Right now I have 18 TLs, and aside from using a pair of Orcas and a Mammoth for station building I have no use for them. Suggestions would be welcome btw.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess TL's haven't been updated much over the x-games. At one point they had just 500-725MJ worth of shielding (which was crazy for such a big ship). I guess TL's should of been more of a work-horse - transporting massive amounts of cargo and ships (ie. like the Aran without the special docking slot). It doesnt help either that the hanger doesnt offer anything unique either (like you guys said, being able to dock TS/TP that could make a huge improvement). TL's do feel that they have lost a bit of there purpose.

You need to log-in to post here.