Stock market too easy? No penalty for manipulation?

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Stock market too easy? No penalty for manipulation?

Whargod

Whargod avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 12 years ago.

I did some Google searches but never found much, so I'm wondering if this is a widespread practice.

I started as an Argonian, and there are a few items in the stock market like Stott spices and rastar oil that have a place in the stock market but there are no suppliers.

So, I just make a complex to produce them and once it's going I just put the price up to where no one can afford them. Bear in mind I am the only supplier in Argon space of these items, no competition. Once the index is about 100 I buy all the shares and after that i have a "fire sale", in other words I sell everything as cheaply as possible and drive the index near 0.

This seems like a simple way to make a lot of money relatively quickly. DO a lot of people do this? If I concentrate on it I seem to make a lot more than my 20 Mistral SF UT's do.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I started as an Argonian...
- Whargod

No you didn't. Argonians are lizards and the only lizards in the X universe are Teladi Wink :p Perhaps you mean Argon?

Sorry, I'm nitpicking, it's a bad habit and I should probably slap myself. I assume you're a Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim fan? Big grin

As to your question, this is the prime reason I argue AP is far, far too easy compared to previous X games, even TC, which is far, far easier than X2 or even Reunion. There have been a lot of reports of players manipulating the stock market in AP since its release. If you look there you're sure to find plenty of threads on the subject Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 12 years ago.

You can manipulate it more accurately by just turning off production and moving the product out of the area yourself.

I disagree that AP makes the game too easy. It mostly just reduces the tedium of the beginning of the game.

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

You can manipulate it more accurately by just turning off production and moving the product out of the area yourself...I disagree that AP makes the game too easy. It mostly just reduces the tedium of the beginning of the game.
- martimus

Hi, martimus, kirlack,

I agree with martimus,
What do you think is happening in the real world ? Every second huge computer-complex-brokers-traders manipulate stock shares for their benefit ! They can economically strangle huge businesses by selling shares, waiting for cosumers to react, and bying them back for a lower price, and so on ... economic law of demand!
fi: Here in europe millions of tons of crop are destructed every season just to keep prices high!

What I find is easy, is that the ai can spawn endlessly without any real trading system - cheaters !

I like playing AP, but the realism in X-games are far behind other games where ai gets 10 to 50 % production bonus corresponding to the difficulty-level you choose, but have to get their production modules going as well as you do ! fi: I wrote scenario's for starcraft : when you destroy their supply the ai loses, here you destroy everything and .. it just respawns (by what means if there is no ship or anything left)!

This is the reason i am trying out the STO mod, at least there I can put my footprint in the galaxy, destroy some races and take over their sektors, as i am doing now with the "easy" yaki. You want difficulty, try declaring war on big races and so on. Is AP supposed to be a strategy game or personal shooter ? I think most players just shoot around. just tell me, what is your final goal in the game ? 1000 stations? 1000 mines ? Giga credits ?
I will tell you what I want, after doing the missions and plots, take over 51 % of the sectors : I win !

Then start over with more difficulties and so on, this galaxy is huge, lots of fun !

Fun game : yes, balanced game : no way (fi : Split Panther Raider and hauler have the same specs, build by the same people the same way but the hauler (which you cannot buy) cost 10 mil less ! (purpose = cheating?)
m³ of ships do not correspond with real cargo and equipment and docking facilities (Some say, this is the way they do it, I say, they do not bother but this easy going makes a hyperion blow up in Boron docks because they are not calculated) Yesterday I was docked at a shipyard where ships dock side by side and exit the other way : in my hyperion i saw my Valhalla docking next to me, there was no place so I ended up between its wings and getting out it just went through me ! For gods sake, if you design ships that large, your docks should be bigger, or have smaller ones beside huge ones (when my m5 kestrel docks there you can barely see it!)
Go to a harbour in your country and look at the docked ships, you will never see mixed metertons together, but nicely arranged in adapted docks ! ) (Little docks between huge ones maybe?) Sit and watch a huge ship dock (like 15 minutes if not overtuned, hilarious how they turn away and come back again and again) !
You build mining stations and have to connect them with "pipelines", it takes you a day or so to build a big complex. Oh , what happens ? fi : 2 asteroids are to close together, so one of your mines will die sooner or later - or a big ship with a blind pilot rams your "pipelines" = Good bye complex , al your pipes are gone !
(Not important, just a day's work and wait for he next) I understand collision calculations are not easy without losing to much fps, but then again : upgrade all rudders and things will go much, much better !(since i tuned my rudders accidents are very rare - ok shit will happen, but not always). Remove those rocks and get more fps!
Well, had to get this off my chest !
Some people say they do not want the mods/scripts - well, next version of x will incorporate many mods/scripts they do not want now (as happened before)

Vanilla balanced : yes , with all these bugs : no I REST MY CASE !

I am very happy with this game (using scripts to balance out)and surely I am not alone.

Whatever, enjoy! Everyone should find their own pleasure in the game, one way or another !

Keep it up ! leko

You need to log-in to post here.