Irresponsible Piloting

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Irresponsible Piloting

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Most of us are all but too familiar with the irresponsible, silly and sometimes downright insane behaviour of the AI pilots in the X games. It was suggested that I make a new thread to share such instances. Now that I've collected a few more snapshots of pilots who need to lay off the spaceweed, I think it's time to present them.

I invite you all to show us your examples of reckless piloting!

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Picture
Not a nice thing to see coming out of a gate towards you.

Picture
Why the Argon One shouldn't leave Argon Prime.

Picture
Boron need to learn about personal space.

Picture
So do the Split!

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Nice shots of 'Irresponsible Piloting' for sure!

I guess I'm going to have keep looking over my shoulder when I'm near any Argon, Boron, Split...oh hell, ANY capital ships.

I have enough of my own problems near Gates.
Nice to know I'm not 'special' with rogue piloting issues.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

It's not just capitals that do it! I had a Split Boa fly so close past my M5 a couple days ago I could have reached out and touched it! Bloody roadhog! Argue Scary shit when you're in a ship with less than 25Mj shielding!

@Seygantte: Awesome pics! Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

i have got rammed by an odin coming into the Asteroid Belt as i was trying to go to Jupiter....it sucked

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Eek Eek Eek

All I see is the odd freighter in a dogfight bump!
Hmmm might have to check my hazard lights arent stuck in the on position . . .

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Geez, well glad its not just me with suicidal pilot. I guess all these pictures where took without setting anything up?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Correct. The first one I had just undocked from the HUB so I did a few reloads to get as good a picture as I could, but the others were all surprises to me. This is clearest in the second where I didn't completely manage to get the HUD out of the way :p

The third you can see me in my Hyperion alongside in the bottom left. This was in a Split/Boron border sector, Bluish Snout I think, and I was tailing that Kraken to assess it for boarding when the Cobra came barrelling in the other direction. The last is in the Xenon sector near Ianamus Zura, and I'm actually over near the station you can see in the background. I was looking for an LX, and I saw that over near a gate.

P.S. Is there a code to add alt text to images?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

crazy then lol, well done on capturing them pictures.

P.S. Is there a code to add alt text to images?
- Seygantte

So when lightbox appears, there is some text on it?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Sort of. I was actually just thinking of a BBcode equivalent of html's alt="Description" to show up when you hover over an image. I might be thinking of title= though...

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

okies, ive added the img tag. You can use img=, which will show a text description when hovering.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

okies, ive added the img tag. You can use img=, which will show a text description when hovering.
- Roguey

Yep, that's just what I meant.

Edit: Strangely enough, it seemed to me as if url=, quote and code briefly stopped working. Doesn't sound like anyone else had this issue

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I had a error in my parser, which effected everyone. It was fixed last night (sometimes I do quick admin stuff).

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi, everyone,

This is about a very good ai pilot
Minutes ago i attacked a yaki M1 with my m6 hyperion
Got its shields down, hull half way
He knew he was going to die, so put all his fighters around me, said you're going to die ... and rammed me!
I tried to sqeeze beside him but all my exits were blocked, thought i came through the gap , passing him like centimeters, but he got my rear end : GAME OVER ! Not bad for ai or maybe he was lucky ! (had no time to take a picture, sorry !)
Will try to do it over and give him the same chance, just for the picture.

Then again, i'm bored with all those stupid rocks in some sectors, ai takes ages to surround them so I want to get rid of them but did not find a working rock-remover yet for AP

CU, leko

You need to log-in to post here.