Terran noteriaty

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Terran noteriaty

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

no its to do with the spawning of ships by the races... the ships that attack your property are not the standard ships in the sector, they are actually spawned for the purpose, so if you jump in and make one of them bail or capture it then the script is held in limbo, it will not spawn more to attack your property unless the ship you capped is destroyed and therefore all ships that were attacking you are destroyed.

it doesnt help if your actually fighting the war but if your wanting to a play a game where you remain neutral with both Argon and Terran then doing this can mean its safe to have your ST/UT trade within those sectors without worry of being destroyed.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

The problem tho is that when I jump in, they go friendly. Is there a way around this or do I have to lose some prestige in order to ensure that I can actually do stuff

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

The problem tho is that when I jump in, they go friendly.
- Link238

Sometimes this can be due to the friend/foe settings on your ship. They may still be hostile, just your ship is telling you otherwise.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

no i think in this case he may be right, some ships are spawned for the sole purpose of killing Player Owned property in war sectors when OOS, thing is if he is of reasonable rank with the race it may override the script when he is IS

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

in this case? lol

Picture
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

well in some cases the friend or foe settings can make ships seem hostile when they aren't and visa versa... but what i was talking about anyways in the war sectors with ships being spawned for the sole purpose of killing off property in the way they are, i dont know if that would be the case... your normal rep situation would override the existing script to kill property, that is unless you for some reason set the Terrans to Foe via those settings even though your rep is quite high.

- Tennyson
leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi folks,

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE FIGHTING, STAY OUT OF WAR SECTORS.

My story : by accident I ended up in Omnicron (War Sector)
Argon asked me to kill off like 10 pirates, which i did and got payed for.
But, in the second before they were killed I saw they became "terran" and died ! Then all ther terrans IS became hostile (was a friendly race to me), so I continued and killed all those, they kept coming by loads and I kept jumping in more support : result : at one time I had them all killed ---> then again, no good, all argon attacked me (argon humble merchant, high argon rate) , again I continued just to see ... and they send in hundreds (4 m1, 4 m2, m7's, m6's and whatever) ---> I had to jump away because 2 screen-hights of red ships in the ship list got my fps down so battle became impossible.

In my opinion, war sectors are programmed for fight, whatever you do if you stay there and start fighting, it will never and as when you kill the last ship of an attacker they will immediately spawn in another group and sometimes more groups at the same time.

Now I use war sectors to test ships and loadouts combinations (save, fight, reload, change setups, fight again and compare results

Major results :
1) I never use M3,4,5 in big battles any more, only drones (to much work replacing and setting up fighters because they get killed like flies)
2) Same with Laser towers and OWP's, no good (only drone carrier)
3) M6, m7 only protecting my m2's (m1's : don't know realy what to use them for, surely not big fights)

CONCLUSION : War sectors = Combat testing area <<STAY OUT !>>

@ link238 : put your complex elsewhere, if you go OOS they will destroy it and you cannot stay there forever, they are just waiting for you to jump out - try it! ... or ... put m2 DCS+support ... even then I think the Drone-battle-group will survive but behind their back your complex will go down sooner or later, as my poor adv sats do that I replace from time to time just to look at the sector OOS.

Happy battles, leko

« 1 2

You need to log-in to post here.