Terran noteriaty

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Terran noteriaty

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yet another thread from me, sorry about starting to sound like a broken record... or something like that.

Im sitting here in asteroid belt right now watching a solar energy complex loop work its stuff to try and get my rep with terrans up. Its working... then it suddenly jumps back down for some reason, im not attacking anything, I have no ships attacking anything, why the hell is it doing that?

Im gathering a few screenshots to show whats going on with the number, as for the cause, I got no idea. Im playing the merchant

Picture
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

to begin with your playing an iffy game if youve built a complex in Asteroid belt. its a war sector, it will end up getting attacked and destroyed. only thing i can think of from what youve said is that you perhaps have some sort of defences for your complex? if so they may have destroyed Terran ships attacking your complex if your OOS. but without more information i cant really give more than speculation.

what kind of stations do you have on your complex? what kind of defences? are you in or out of sector? whats your rank with the Terran and the ATF? (raising Terran rank doesn't effect ATF but destroying ATF can lower Terran iirc)

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I have to stay in sector or the terrans will attack anything of mine. I made it a fully automated complex that requires nothing to sustain itself, no defenses. Only has a large sil mine, Cahoona L, Argnu L, Crystal fab L and solar XL on it. I have two ships servicing it by selling wares only within the sector which really sucks, but other teran stations are sending their trade ships to my station so I dont have to worry as much.

My terran right now is regional rep, I'm a suspected programmer with the ATF which I think is having an affect on my terran rep. I'm trying to think of a way to raise my ATF rank but I cant get to any of their stations and I dont really know what they want.

As for being careful, I'm keeping my eyes on my rep and if it goes below revolutionary and I start getting attacked, I'm jumping the hell out of there. There hasn't been any Argon incursions since I started parking my ass there, even if they did come in, I'd be fine as I'm almost at overwatch with them. As for terrans, i'd get out of their way

edit, I found out they only go hostile on my ships in the warzone sectors, I have a split ship scouting out a bunch of terran sectors. Still no idea why my rep is going wonky

Picture
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

in a war sector you could have full rep with one of the sides and they will still destroy your property in those sectors... rep has nothing to do with it. its something to do with the war sectors.

im getting the impression it could be to do with the ATF ranking. the only way to raise their rep is to buy/sell to their stations (which there is 2 iirc, one in segaris and one in megnir?) a quick way is to take some big freighters with no tunings and get the cargo tunings and so on there but do it one by one (dont know if that actually works or not, never tried it.)

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well, so far I'm doing good. no argon incursions and I set up a terran food complex, not mres but I plan to add that soon enough

Picture
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

in a war sector you could have full rep with one of the sides and they will still destroy your property in those sectors... rep has nothing to do with it. its something to do with the war sectors.
- ConCorDian

You get attacked by the side with which you have the lower rep. You can have max rank with both sides, but if one is at 10% and the other is at 20%, you are "on the side" of the latter and so will be attacked by the former.

My terran right now is regional rep, Im a suspected programmer with the ATF which I think is having an affect on my terran rep. Im trying to think of a way to raise my ATF rank but I cant get to any of their stations and I dont really know what they want.
- Link238

Watch out, if your rank drops so low (Illegal AGI developer) that you are denied access to their stations in Segaris and Megnir, it will be impossible to fix. That's what happened to me, and so I've resigned myself to only going into the Sol system with heavy armaments.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

so your saying I'm stupidly lucky I haven't been raped yet?

Picture
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Possibly. Perhaps it's because your side has managed to hold that particular sector from invasion. If the other side were to conquer it, after the current defence had all been cleared your stations would be next on the list.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

huh, that didn't happen in my game i had a few assets in Omycron and right near them jumped in a few Osaka's which proceed to destroy my stuff then they jumped out like they where never there

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Really odd, Im seeing a huge firefight in astroidbelt between argons (my side) and terrans, I have no one as an opponent (no one red)

Picture
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

They don't always go red right away. For me it only seemed to happen if I got too close to the action (which was very rarely, as War Sectors often make my game crash).

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

it was right by my station, I have a few screenshots of it, i was about 5km away

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well generally its not a good idea to build in any war-sector: if a battle goes big, there could be a lot of destruction (including your stations, ships and more). Well hopefully your complex will be left alone.

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Then I'm one lucky sob :P

Picture
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

pretty much, but id imagine its only a matter of time. that said Kurush did find a way of effectivly ending the war,

- Tennyson
Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

what? he blow up all terran stations?

Picture
1 2 »

You need to log-in to post here.