a minning idea

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » a minning idea

zortan

zortan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hay all

Well I have been thinking off running some space mining , not with stations , but with mining ships .

Here is the setup :

1 x Aran ( still working on getting one )
1 x Split raptor (loaded with fighters)
27 x Transports with ore collectos on them

The idea is to use the Aran to jump to a unknown system and drops the Raptor to protect the mining and use the transports to pick up the rocks I break up and load up the Aran with ore and what ever I find there then jump back to normal space and sell it all .

What are your thoughts about this idea ?

nothing like a crispy argon pilot being eating by a split while a boron slave sirves drinks aaaa what a joy war is .
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea that would work. You could do the same thing in known space though with less work - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=302424

zortan

zortan avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well in known space i have mines setup all over the place and did a test run in kingdoms end , worked fine there , though i whould love to keep known space for stations as thats better in the long run , while the random sectors are a fun place to be .

thanks for the link by the way

nothing like a crispy argon pilot being eating by a split while a boron slave sirves drinks aaaa what a joy war is .
Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Are those your ship selections because that's what you can get into the UFJD sector? If so, I have a solution for you. First you will need a jump beacon, (if you don't know how to get one we'll cover that).

Simply jump into the UFJD sector, drop the jump beacon, go to your property menu with R and then order the ship you want to "Jump to me". Despite you not being in a sector connected to the gate network, the AI will still jump to the nearest point, which in this case is the beacon you just placed. Hey presto, you have infinite ships in the UFJD sector.

Now, I recommend just jumping in something with huge shields and ram the 'roids rather than break them up manually (though you will still need either a hornet missile or the mining laser for the first break), and then jump in a TL to collect directly from that ship. Terran or ATF capitals would be my first suggestion, but if they're hard to come by a Teladi Pheonix would suffice. If there are resident Xenon, jump in as many combat ships as you need from the beacon.

This way you shortcut having to find an Aran, and I think it would be quicker since you're going to be in the sector anyway. Mobile mining goes slowly when you're present as there's more collision avoidance in the AI piloting. I agree with Sinxar though, this would be simpler in a known sector (unless you've already put mines on all of them). The only reason I would try this would be if I were after Nividium.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
zortan

zortan avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Nice idea with the jump beacon , had one stored for ages now .

In the sectors I have found so far using the UFJD I have always found Nividium rocks all round eather a tiny amount or like the one time a huge amount , so whould like to get them to a sation and sell or use them Smile
on the other hand whould love to farm the local Xeno ship I find as well

I see it as a challenge to get things going in a sector where you should not really be doing to many things and since I have no idea what they should be used for , thought I might as well play around with the options I have and see what works best .

by the way what do you all do in the sectors you randomly jump to ?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

by the way what do you all do in the sectors you randomly jump to ?
- zortan

Look for Arans lol. Not much else to do TBH. I usually assign a hotkey to the unfocused jumpdrive to make a quick escape if I really need to. Like if I get overwhelmed by hostiles and can't stop dodging fire if I want to live.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

only thing i go to UFJD sectors for is the Arans, once i have one i generally never go back. Seygantte does have a better option for you though, by using the JB you can jump in tons of freighters and completly strip mine the place in no time. just dont forget to pick up your JB before leaving!! which is the other problem with UFJD's you cant leave the sector whilst all this is happening or its death by Data Dump!!. which means there is a possibility of ships colliding with rocks and being destroyed. ive always found Mobile Mining like that to be easier when OOS but thats just my preference

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
zortan

zortan avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

well finaly got my Aran , by leaving my repair laser on it for a day and a half , and did a test mining op with a JB as well , works pritty dam good , had my Aran parked and my miners going crazy with other trade ships jumping in and out selling what evers on the Aran with a split raptor for a safe operation area .

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

nice! the JB is scoopable isnt it? would suck if it wasn't i guess lol.

I feel like that is how those sectors were meant to be used. but in TC with the infinite respawning rocks it was pointless.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

yeh they are collectable again, to be honest i havnt used mine in that way, my argon start ive got 10 i think, but i have them perminantly placed because i built my complex's way way off the normal lanes. so i use the Auto Jump feature to go to my JB's.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
zortan

zortan avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hay again

well after clearing out about 3 sectors I made a total of around 400 mil and up lost 4 transports and about 8 fighers always sad loosing fighters , other then that I will keep it up till I find somehting else to do , and yes you can scoop them up again Big grin

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

...jumping in something with huge shields and ram the 'roids ...
- Seygantte

Hi, Seygantte,

You can do that in X-world but in real space ...
If you fly at 100 m/s = 6.000 m/min = 360.000 m/hr = 360 km/hr ---> even 1m/s = 3,6 km/hr
If the "roid" is the same size of your ship, its mass will be give and take 20 times yours (you hull being 10% of your size, which will not be the case)
Ask an Apache (About the strongest front-hull of all helis) pilot to fly at 3,6 km/hr against a rock the size of its helicopter, ... he will just look at you ... step back and call a psy to get you put away for your own sake !
Even if your hull would be strong enough you would just bounce back, your crew and gear would be catapulted to the front of your ship, so your medics and technicians would have lots of work and you ... would be send to the mines yourself (a study-book about the "Titanic" under your arm) to learn how it is done !
Whatever, as they can not even design docks that match their own ships I do not expect more from the "engineers" that designed x. We could offer them an "abacus" for the next edition !

Just kidding! Keep bumping! leko

You need to log-in to post here.