Confused with docking...

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Confused with docking...

Ladoc

Ladoc avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

While I understand Station docking fairly well, I'm a little confused with Ship docking bays...

That's what I thought until now:
M1s, some M2s,some M7s,M7Cs: dock M3-M5
M8s, M7Ms, M6s (excluding Hyp): don't dock anything
some TLs, TMs : dock M3-M5
TPs,TSs: don't dock anything

But lately I read on the Boron Guppy page, that it docks TS class ships...
Is this actually true for the Guppy and/or all M7Cs and/or M1s,M2s,TLs ?
(Please leave the Aran out of the equation for now, that thing is just crazy!)

Imma firin mah lazor!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there,

Generally most ships (TM's, M1/2/6/7) can only dock M3, M4 and M5's. However a few do allow for TS/M6 docking. Hopefully a few people here will know which ship can dock non-standard ships. Like you said, the Aran has 1 x Capital dock, and 29 x M6 and smaller.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

the Boron Guppy can dock a single TS on an external port. as can the Ariadne. only other two ships other than the Aran that im aware of in the vanilla game is the Valhalla (iirc it can dock 10 TS? i dont use the ship so cant remember off hand) and the Kyoto which can dock upto 6 TS/TM/M8/M6.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Ladoc

Ladoc avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks...
I feel less stupid now that I know there were only a few exceptions...

Imma firin mah lazor!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I feel less stupid now that I know there were only a few exceptions...
- Ladoc

Not your fault, I do feel that the docking options arent really explained very well in-game. It could of been useful with a column under docking slots, biggest dockable craft.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

i agree with roguey... but id also like to see more diversity with docking as well as it being expanded. to me every purpose carrier (M1/M7C) should be capible of carrying at least a single M8 bomber for tactical strike purposes. also add limits to the size of some ships docking ability, like M7's might only be capible of carrying upto M4 class ships (excluding the M7C). really giving the M4's a true place.

the other factor id have liked to have seen is ALL capital ships having an External docking slot for a TS/TP class ships exclusivly (you couldnt dock a fighter at it), but as a trade off when a ship is docked at it your jumpdrive and perhaps engines are disabled... it would allow for rearming/equiping of capital ships better imo.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
Ladoc

Ladoc avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

That would make a lot of things a lot easier...
We'll see what Rebirth brings...

Imma firin mah lazor!
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well see what Rebirth brings...
- Ladoc

we will see IF rebirth brings anything. im a big fan of EGOSOFT and the X Series but ill admit even im starting to get negative about Rebirth... i think there is more to this media blackout than meets the eye. i hope its not going to result in a cancellation but the longer this goes on the more likly i think thats going to get.

- Tennyson
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I suspect its gonna be a typical mainstream game is why. No replay value and no options and full on hand holding the entire game. (lets hope not).

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

yeh shock horror... next thing youll know is the words "PULL TRIGGER NOW" popping up when you get into the best firing area!!

they wonder why people are getting dumber as time goes on... because nobody has to work anything out for themselves!!

- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

we will see IF rebirth brings anything. im a big fan of EGOSOFT and the X Series but ill admit even im starting to get negative about Rebirth...
- ConCorDian

Ive been feeling the same for awhile now; I was hopping that news and more info would make me feel differently however some of the new changes do make me worry even more. I did kind-of expected a lot more hype - hardly been any from ego?

You need to log-in to post here.