Turrets problem

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Turrets problem

frankohlanko

frankohlanko avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hello everybody. I am newbie to this game and I've got some problems with turrets on my Terran Kyoto. I mounted lasers (point singularity and starbut cannons) and set turrets to "attack all enemies" but them doesn't attack any enemies. What am I doing wrong? Does lasers need any kind of ammo?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi there,

are the ships red on your HUD?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi and welcome.

Besides Roguey's point, are the enemy's ships in range of the weapons? PSP has a 6km range but SSC only a 2km.

What type of ships are you hoping to eliminate? Large weapons like PSP and SSC make the turret turn a whole lot slower then smaller weapons, so if you trying to take out fighters, they are probably moving out of range before the turret can turn fully and zero in on them.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
frankohlanko

frankohlanko avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks for your answers.
I'm trying to attack small frigates and yes, they are red on my HUD and they are in weapons range, so I think cjm3fl is right. Turrets are to slow. I will try install other lasers.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Large weapons like PSP and SSC make the turret turn a whole lot slower then smaller weapons,
- cjm3fl

The Terran large weapons fire a lot less too. I found it gave the appearance of nothing happening too. You probably want to equip a Starburst Shockwave Cannon for anti-fighter. Remember a turret will turn at the weapons slowest gun, ie. if you put a PSP or SSC into a turret mixed with Shockwave Canon, then the whole turret will turn at the PSP/SSC speed. So best for anti-fighter turrets is to equip all the same type - so the guns can move at their normal rate.

emanouwingagmailcom

emanouwingagmailcom avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey Roguey, i am using Cycrow's X universe plug in manager, and i downloaded The Deadalus BC303 by BolgtCycrow,
so i installed it using the plugin manager and in game, no turret mounts appear on the ship and when i transfer over to it the camera is positioned under it and all the turret option are fixed at that spot,
I would be very appreciative if you you could explain what the problem is and a step by step way to fix it please,
Again i would so much appreciate the help if you would.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

i am using Cycrow's X universe plug in manager, and i downloaded The Deadalus BC303 by BolgtCycrow,

It sounds like the plug in manager hasnt installed the ship correctly. Although why, im not sure; has I dont use any of them tools myself.

You need to log-in to post here.