Looking for X-TREME Fighter Achievement Tips

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Looking for X-TREME Fighter Achievement Tips

Katastrophi

Katastrophi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

Getting this achievement is taking a *long* time. My current tactics are to grab my Megalodon, PPCs all around, except top and bottom which uses FAA. If I want additional firepower I'll put 160 flails and typhoons in it. Then I clear Xenon sectors.

Clearing a sector containing an I and a couple Ks or Js will move my progress ever so slightly. Is there a faster way to increase my fight rank? Does completing fighting missions improve it, or just the destruction of ships?

I'm currently 23% through Crusader and it'll take at least 3-4 Xenon Qs for an increase of 1% (estimated I don't have data on that).

Dillpickle

Dillpickle avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

It's a long hard slog to Xtreme...
And I hate to tell you, but your current rank is only about 10% of the total points needed to get there.

Fightrank gain is achieved purely through ships killed by the player ship, any other player owned ship won't contribute if they kill something.
The only thing missions help with is supplying a guaranteed dose of enemies.

In X3TC, I'd occasionally clear all the xenon sectors of ships and stations, except the shipyard in Xenon 472, this would then be used as the spawn point for all other Xenon sectors until the other Shipyards are rebuilt.
This would give you a steady flow of J's, K's, Q's plus support through Black Hole Sun, where you could sit and pick them off all day... Does get boring after a while.

The more interesting way is to just take every patrol and station defense you can find, just keep stacking them up as you patrol from sector to sector, you my not complete them all, but you're certainly get some interesting battles to keep you occupied...

Picture
Katastrophi

Katastrophi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm actually 23% through Battlemaster, not Crusader; but yes, it looks like this is going to take a good long while.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Both the X-TREME ranks need a crazy amount of time put into them. I wonder how many got them (cant be that many)? ive never got them myself.

Katastrophi

Katastrophi avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

I accomplished the X-TREME trading achievement by manipulating the stock (commodities?) market with Nvidium. By the time I was done playing with the market I had earned a ridiculous amount of credits. I'm not sure how I would have accomplished it without that, perhaps manual trading high-end goods? It seems your automated traders have very little affect on your trade rank at the higher levels.

You need to log-in to post here.