Easier Starts / Money / Lone pilot Advice

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Easier Starts / Money / Lone pilot Advice

nankura

nankura avatar
Level badge Noviguey (3)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey guys

Now first and foremost, i do realise how much of a complex game and indepth game this is and that its meant to be played as such. and i have many a time been down that road. ive done mods etc, but sometime's, i just want an easy life in the world of albion prelude

Ive read alot of guides, that either require a tone of work, trading, systems, building mass bases, fleets. commanding multiple ships

That is not what i want. what i want in the AP World. is to be a lone pilot. fighting crime, defending in the war. fighting along side the AI, choosing my battles based on the AI's choices of battles ( which amazes me that AP has a system were the AI can completely randomly attack an area with a full force assault. in day 1 of the argon start. i was up against an osaka fleet in The circle )

Basically. i want to live in a world were AI can make there own decisions, and i can join in. not me making the decision's for them

I Dont want to spend all my time trading, building and leveling world trade ships. fleets, etc. i dont want to build station's, i want to be part of the war in AP

Now this all sounds great and fairly possable in this game. but theres downsides, starting with a small and fairly useless ship is one ( yes i could cheat, but then whats the point? 30 minutes of fun ).

So i my question to all this long text is

Is there a way to make money. upgrade, get new ships and life live on the wild side in the world of AP without having to build, trade, and focus on a million ships at once. and just live a simple life of fighting in the war

Eventually i would love to make my way to a large Cerberus and fight along side the Argon or paranid fleet, but making money from purely fighting seem's really rough

So any advice would be appreciated - i just want a simple. straight forward world to have fun in and grow in

P.S, is the AP new war system advanced enough to influence alliance wars, like make argon fight paranid. or ally them somehow or would i need a mod for that, how deep is the war system

Can the AI be smart enough to randomly decide to go capture a system that isnt part of a story line. and provoke war

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

hi there,

to be honest the war code was a bit of a disappointment, it had the potential to be something really good but after while many simply turn off the commander. The war missions can not expand outside the war sectors. There are other wars, but these are more of a random thing.

As for making money, you could always capture ships and sell them for money. If you do, remmeber to repair (with the laser in your space suit) to get the most money for them (I know its a bit boring sometimes but it does help with selling). You wont get much from collecting wares - unless you get drops from the big capital ships (like PPC, which are worth 1mil each).

I can understand your lone wolf approach, as having lots of other things can cause a lot of micro management.

nankura

nankura avatar
Level badge Noviguey (3)
Posted 11 years ago.

Can i ask about the "other" wars?

Also, are there any mods you can suggest to maybe improve the war factor, i do have XRM. but im not sure how deep its changes go

Third. Is there a good spot for finding easy ships to capture. considering i start with a small Argon fighter. or a small guide explaining how to go about this process with a small ship

You see, one of my biggest confusion's, is were to go. were to hunt, were to start from the "start", like sure i could cheat myself some powerful ship and go hunt. but i want to use that small ship and be effective

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

"other" wars means how the main races deal with each other they do occasionally launch raids into each others territory's, but since the RRF was "fixed" they don't get very far before they are met with a strong response force

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Can i ask about the "other" wars?
- nankura

I think Jack explained it Smile

Also, are there any mods you can suggest to maybe improve the war factor, i do have XRM. but im not sure how deep its changes go
- nankura

Well I dont know of any mods, although when I played X3AP ive kept it vanilla.

Third. Is there a good spot for finding easy ships to capture. considering i start with a small Argon fighter. or a small guide explaining how to go about this process with a small ship
- nankura

Capturing a ship will be hard if your in a weak ship. There are a number of ways you can capture a ship - probably the easiest would be to use missiles. You can use my missile guide to judge the correct missile. You need to take the shields down very quickly and do hull damage 89% or less for a chance of the pilot to bail. ie. you could probably use 3 or 4 wasps to bring down the shields of a M4. If the pilot doesnt bail, you could reload a re-try with your missiles. However some pilots may never bail, so its worth trying a few times then stopping. Dont try your capturing in a sector with police ships otherwise they will go hostile.

- nankura

hmmm.. probably any pirate sector, or unknown sector that is on a trade route. Especially those around/near LooManckStrats Legacy (but not LooManckStrats Legacy itself - as its fairly heavy defended by pirates normally).

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Dont try your capturing in a sector with police ships otherwise they will go hostile.
- Roguey

Not necessarily. If you attack a Split target in Boron space (or vice versa) or an Argon ship in Paranid space (again, or vice versa), the local authorities won't even give you a second look. This is due to the ongoing 'cold war' between the Split/Boron and the Argon/Paranid. As a result I quite often start off hunting Boron in Thuruk's Beard Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@Kirlack Oh your right - I was killing Argon ships in Paranid space and was actually getting a rep boost for it too.

leko

leko avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

...mods you can suggest to maybe improve the war factor, i do have XRM...
You see, one of my biggest confusion's, is were to go. were to hunt, were to start from the "start", like sure i could cheat myself some powerful ship and go hunt. but i want to use that small ship and be effective
- nankura

Hi,nankura,
I suppose you are argon humble merchant, just as I am.

There is a guide about selling one of your ships, go to a stock market and gain about 1.000.000 in just one hour
to be able to equip a decent ship.

Mars (for turrets) and DCS (Drone Carrier) are a great help.

Then just fly around and look for easy jobs (stations) in the beginning, getting your reputation up to be able to buy decent ships and weapons, in the beginning they don't pay well but as your rep grows they pay better for services and for ships.

There is a good guide for the "humble start": www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jcFIMc2xxc&feature=relmfu

Just jump in and find your own way, leko

nankura

nankura avatar
Level badge Noviguey (3)
Posted 11 years ago.

thanks for the advice leko, but the guide to the link doesnt work, could you repost the link?

leko

leko avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

thanks for the advice leko, but the guide to the link doesnt work, could you repost the link?
- nankura

Hi, Nankura,
Just copy and paste it in your browser (http://) www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jcFIMc2xxc&feature=relmfu

Cannot get them toghether, so just past first part, then second part just after it, should work
Just tried to put in directly, seems to work!

Good luck, Leko

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hi, any youtube video can be posted in the forum, just use the standard [youtube] tags Smile

leko

leko avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hi, any youtube video can be posted in the forum, just use the standard [youtube] tags Smile
- Roguey

..Hi, as you can see I figured it out , thank you , leko

CuAnnan

CuAnnan avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 11 years ago.

You can always just mine nividium, it's a little time consuming but very high on return and by far the highest yield/effort ratio.

You need to log-in to post here.