Terran Plot - Reputation recovery made easy

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Terran Plot - Reputation recovery made easy

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

I've just recenly started playing X3 AP again because of 2.5. So I started up as the USC Commander and went all apeshit-crazy against those idiot Argons that kept trying to kill me. Doing that I quickly got the Terran plot started, but ended up with abysmal Race Reps. That wouldn't have been half-bad if the terran missions didn't involve going deep under-cover in enemy territory

Since it's not very nice to enter a sector and immediately trigger a Rapid Response fleet shooting tons of Missiles at me I figured I better find some nice ways of improving my Rep with the other races. That way I can actually get to the stations where those terran spies are located without being blown to smithereens.

So here's what I've found so far:

Teladi:

1. Grand Exchange ... Beeline the Teladi Fleet and brutalize those Xenon coming from the North gate. Watch out for the Rapid Responders!

Split:

1. Zrt Dominion ... The system is usually swarming with Xenon waiting to be used as target practice. The Rapid Responders are usually held up at the east gate. Doesn't get much easier than this.

Boron:

1. Menelaus Paradise ... Stick to the East Gate and hack away at those Xenon. Watch out for Rapid Responders!

Paranid:

1. They're basically living on top of an anthill of Pirates. Pick whichever system you fancy and fire at will.

Argons:

1. Elena's Fortune ... The most enemies to the Argon I've ever seen in one of their systems (not much though). Still it takes ages to recover a broken rep in there. The Pirates come from both the northern and the southern gate.

Goners: ... um ... any suggestions?

Finding a half-way decent place for the Argons was a real bother:

... Getsu Fune no longer works, because there's simply no Xenons around anymore.
... Black Hole Sun is swarming with Military and therefore a death-trap to anyone hostile to them (I've never seen a single Xenon in there anyway).
... Before the patch Xenons used to roam Belt Of Aguilar because the Teladi Military didn't do squat in Grand Exchange, but now their Rapid Responders literally blow those Qs and Js sky-high.

You can also use the Split/Boron and Paranid/Argon cold-war or the Terran/Argon war to even out the reps, but that involves much more work, so I wouldn't recommend that until you've run out of options.

By the way does anyone has exact numbers on how much each possible action affects your Reputation with a given Race? I've noticed that trading also gives slight reputation boosts, but I've got no idea how much.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Once your rep is high enough to start getting mission offers in a given races border systems you can easily push it up into the positives again. If you're really lucky you'll find a member of a race you're enemies with at a friendly station and get a mission that will put you back on evens with them Smile I've played pirate themed games where I've been hated by everyone, taken a mission from a random Boron and on completion become friends with them again Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I know what you mean: those response craft can too much - taking the fun away out of the game (losing the sneak in and do some damage).

Like you said, easiest way to gain rep involve killing either a pirate or xenon, then with enough rep should be able to do some missions. However I feel you if you get rep high enough then your removing yourself from the war - purely because the rapid response craft are too harsh - which I feel is just bad idea on ego's part. RRC are a good idea just that they needed to be done better.

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

It also helps to keep an eye out for patrol missions as those usually lead into neighboring systems. So if the neighboring system belongs to a race hating you all mission kills in their system will count towards your rep with them Smile.

You can also sometimes find people from other races at random stations outside the races territory. These offer missions too, but don't care for your race rank so long as the station is friendly to you. These missions are usually of the Elimination kind. Thus completing them will jumpstart your race rep pretty quickly.

MadArkael

MadArkael avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I realize this is an old thread, but I was looking for a way to raise my argon rep after I had completed the terran plot.

Getsu Fune is probably the best bet here. Take patrol missions from the other races stations located within the argon sector. Also there is the off chance that xenon will actually come through the gate. Pray for a PX because they are easy to kill and give tons of rep. Hope that helps the next guy.

Edit: I placed advanced satellites monitoring the gates leading into Xenon territory, this has netted me 1 PX kill in black hole sun.

phantomrock

phantomrock avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

With the Goner it is very tricky but does not take as long as I heard someone mention.
Send in a TS and have it go back & forth to the Cattle Ranch there because the Cattle ranch needs plankton & scruffin fruits. Just merely supplying it will boost race rank with them it won't hurt trading with the other stations there also in Elysium of Light also. After a while you should see them offering you missions to protect give a ride somewhere however try not to destroy a pirate station in HOP... Also setting up some complex in Harmony of Perpetuity & having some TS ships supply the GONER stations in EOL really helps. I have 16% Protector of the Goners as well. Don't build anything in EOL until you have ended the war between the Terrans & the Argon because the Argon won't be so inviting if it comes from a Terran I know nothing of what it would be if it were Argon because I choose not to play on that team.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I realize this is an old thread, but I was looking for a way to raise my argon rep after I had completed the terran plot.
- MadArkael

Black hole sun would be the place I would recommend keeping an eye in (around the north gate).

SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have finished the Argon plot, and i was wondering if there is any way to recover Terran Rep? Any suggestions?

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
MadArkael

MadArkael avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Black hole sun would be the place I would recommend keeping an eye in (around the north gate).

- Roguey

I agree with Roguey here if you are looking for sheer amount of xenon activity. However combat missions from the other races trading stations in getsu fune spawn ships to shoot, and also there is the chance that the person offering the mission from those stations will be Argonian as well which nets retarded amounts of rep. Look for very hard protect / patrol missions. These are the ticket.

Even at the second to highest rep level with a race, a very hard mission from that race will give you 30% towards the next rank. I went from lowest Argon rank to highest Argon rank in about 2 hours.

MadArkael

MadArkael avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have finished the Argon plot, and i was wondering if there is any way to recover Terran Rep? Any suggestions?
- SpiritOfDeath

I honestly have no good advice here. It's a shame really because Megnir is a huge money making sector for complexes. Roll in with about 10 destroyers and some m8s fully loaded with missles and blow them to kingdom come.

MadArkael

MadArkael avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Was thinking about this and you really could take advantage of the Argon/Terran war here, wait for Argonians to enter heretics end and blow up an m6. The smaller fighters wont do much for you here.
When your argon rep drops more than you'd like, go do a mission or 2. Fastest way I can think of to recover Terran rep.

Ferg

Ferg avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 9 years ago.

- SpiritOfDeath

@SpiritOfDeath

I boosted my terran rep, by blasting through terran space(in an m5) to the last unknown sector with the military outpost. I found a pirate base there, and then jumped in my m7 to the nearest jump point(oort cloud? Which ever sector is Furthest to the left) to kill pirates from. But in my newest start there isn't a base there.

You need to log-in to post here.